Little quilts

Old August 16th 11, 07:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default Little quilts

I'm once again working very quickly to finish two little kid quilts. A young boy down the street has cancer. I don't know the family, but they're friends of friends as well as neighbors and I just felt I needed to make him a quilt. I have a superhero quilt done for him -- Superman and Batman combined. And I'm making one for his 2-year-old sister. Most of my kid fabrics went out during the purge earlier this summer. All that was left really was a bag of strips left over from making another baby quilt, all different sizes and lengths. I'm just stitching them together randomly and then cutting into 8.5inch squares. I'll alternate those with some light, sort of floral squares. I hope they are cute, and I need to get done really fast. Wish me luck. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Sunny
Old August 16th 11, 08:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 16/08/2011 07:29, Sunny wrote:
I'm once again working very quickly to finish two little kid quilts. A young boy down the street has cancer. I don't know the family, but they're friends of friends as well as neighbors and I just felt I needed to make him a quilt. I have a superhero quilt done for him -- Superman and Batman combined. And I'm making one for his 2-year-old sister. Most of my kid fabrics went out during the purge earlier this summer. All that was left really was a bag of strips left over from making another baby quilt, all different sizes and lengths. I'm just stitching them together randomly and then cutting into 8.5inch squares. I'll alternate those with some light, sort of floral squares. I hope they are cute, and I need to get done really fast. Wish me luck. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Sunny

Those sound wonderful, Sunny. They will be perfect for the purpose.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 16th 11, 12:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 16/08/2011 07:29, Sunny wrote:
I'm once again working very quickly to finish two little kid quilts.
A young boy down the street has cancer. I don't know the family, but
they're friends of friends as well as neighbors and I just felt I
needed to make him a quilt. I have a superhero quilt done for him --
Superman and Batman combined. And I'm making one for his 2-year-old
sister. Most of my kid fabrics went out during the purge earlier this
summer. All that was left really was a bag of strips left over from
making another baby quilt, all different sizes and lengths. I'm just
stitching them together randomly and then cutting into 8.5inch
squares. I'll alternate those with some light, sort of floral
squares. I hope they are cute, and I need to get done really fast.
Wish me luck. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Your quilts sound like they will fit the bill and I'm sure they will be
cute and well loved. You have so much kindness in your heart Sunny.

Lizzy
Old August 16th 11, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

They will no doubt enjoy the quilts, and take comfort that someone
cared to think of them! And their parents will be grateful, too.

Bless you,
Ginger in CA

Old August 16th 11, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

What a generous and wonderful idea, good for you. Poor little guy.

Karen, Queen of Squishies