THE shawl that just happened

Old July 17th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default THE shawl that just happened

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:56:50 -0400, Not Likely wrote:
Ahh, but not all women are pear-shaped either. Some are round, or
apple-shaped (as was my Mom and my oldest sister... I'm more
oblong-shaped,
the weight is evenly distributed on top and bottom and not necessarily in
good way), some are inverted pears (heavier on top than on the bottom) as
is
a friend of mine who is heavy all over but moreso on top... then there
are
very thin people who can eat anything and everything and never gain an
ounce. NOT FAIR, PEOPLE!!!! I *think* about food and gain 5 lbs. Oh
well... it's life! ;o)

LOL Gem, those are some wonderful descriptions and very true!

I was one of the lucky ones who remained slim (apart from the pear
shape) until I was actually in my late fifties. My husband is very polite
and now refers to me as "well upholstered" - either he is being polite or
has decided not to live THAT dangerously ;-)

LOL I like that... that he "decided not to live THAT dangerously".

My older sister (2nd of the family) and my brother (3rd) lucked out and got
my Dad's metabolism which is why they were/are thin and can eat anything and
everything. In fact my sister had a eating contest with one of my Uncles
one Thanksgiving to see who could actually eat the most. Uncle Vic was
*sure* he would win, considering he was a grown man and my sister was only
15 or 16 at the time and very tiny... he was wrong. They both had two
heaping platefuls of food and he quit... my sister went back for some more
mashed potatoes and gravy, then had a slice of pumpkin pie and a couple of
Aunt Rose's cherry tarts with whipped cream topping. After his food settled
in his stomach, Uncle Vic *bowed to the champion*. LOL

My oldest sister and myself (the youngest) got my Mom's metabolism where we
just think about food and gain weight... and have a heck of a time trying to
lose it. My Mom and I would try to lose some weight, and she would get
ticked off and say "Sure! Look where I'm losing it... off my breasts, where
I don't WANT to lose it... but it won't come off my stomach!" I haven't
been near a scales in over three years so I honestly don't know what I weigh
now, but I *think* I have lost something... even if it's just inches from
swimming all the time now that it's summer. My clothes are feeling a little
looser lately, which I'm really liking a lot. Now if the weather continues
to be nice throughout the summer, and if my Fibromyalgia doesn't flare up
too often, so I can continue to swim 1 - 3 times a day (I did it 3 times on
two of the hottest days of the summer, where you just sit and melt if you
aren't in the pool)... by the end of summer I may need to get out my
"thinner" clothes. I would LOVE for that to happen. ;o)

*hugs*
Gem

the shawl that just happened ,,, Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 5 July 7th 07 07:02 PM
Well it has happened DAB Yarn 17 March 18th 07 11:41 PM
What ever happened to Beverly B Needlework 2 January 28th 07 03:37 AM
What ever happened to... FiederEls in NL Quilting 2 December 29th 06 11:16 AM
What ever happened to.... Kyla Beads 8 January 12th 04 05:12 PM