DMC Cherrywood floss cabinet from 1999

Old September 16th 10, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default DMC Cherrywood floss cabinet from 1999

Bruce Fletcher wrote:
On 15/09/2010 23:37, blkndvudu wrote:
On Sep 15, 2:03 pm, Gillian wrote:
blkndvudu wrote:
On Sep 14, 9:06 am, wrote:
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 05:22:00 -0700 (PDT), blkndvudu

ITs called Deer Hill Farm Cross Stitching
THe only other one thats close is in Schnectady or Rockville Centre
Long ISland but both of those are a good two hours away : (

Seeing Schnectady reminds me of the Long Wave dial on the old wireless
my grandparents used - Schnectady, Hilversum and the BBC Light Programme.
Bruce

Bruce That was NOT funny....I always wondered as a kid in WW2 what, or
where, was Hilversum!!

Gill
Old September 16th 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 9/16/2010 1:31 PM, blkndvudu wrote:
On Sep 16, 12:59 pm, Karen C - wrote:
blkndvudu wrote:
Really sucks it getting to the
point that cyber shops will be the only way to buy stuff and take
classes

It's a matter of businesses evolving with the times. Those who are
willing to turn to the internet tend to stay in business. Those who
either flatly refuse to have a website or all that's on their website is
"we're at 123 Main Street, open from 10-4 every day", are going to lose
business to the shops who are doing mail order.

25 years ago, I had it out with a local business, Great-Grandpa opened
it 75 years ago and his business hours were 10-5 M-F, and those were
always going to be the hours. They were struggling because nowadays,
most women work outside the home -- they were downtown working during
those hours, not home in the burbs shopping. The owner's stance was
that if they wanted to buy from his store, they'd take time off work.
The working women's stance was that if we needed what he carried, we'd
go out of the neighborhood to somewhere that was open evenings and
Saturdays. And then he wondered why he wasn't getting enough business?

Sometimes it's more convenient for me to shop at midnight. Most of the
time, it's more convenient for me to shop from home. The company that
works around my schedule gets my business. The one who tells me I need
to take an hour away from work in the middle of the day doesn't.

--

Karen C - California

I absolutely agree with you, I just wish it weren't the case because I
would really like to take some classes (knitting, tatting, bobbin lace
making, needlepoint etc) because there are some things that are just
too hard to learn from books.

Not only to hard to learn from books, but also that learning in
*community* is so much more fun! The interpersonal aspect is so important!

Sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old September 17th 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Sep 16, 12:47*pm, Susan Hartman wrote:

Not only to hard to learn from books, but also that learning in
*community* is so much more fun! The interpersonal aspect is so important!

And there you're getting to (imho, of course!) the crux of the
problems in today's society. Back in the days of 6-12 kids in a
family, you *learned* how to deal with a variety of personalities.
More and more of today's "social" meetings (including here) are done
in individual settings and, if we don't agree with something, we just
leave. What will happen in years to come when people have isolated
themselves to such an extent that we just *can't* deal with others'
idiosyncracies, opinions, mannerisms? It's happening faster and
faster these days. Not so good.

Joan
Old April 20th 12, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret Robinson

responding to
http://www.sewgirls.com/needlework/D...999-36594-.htm
Margaret Robinson wrote:

jeanmarak wrote:

I have one of the cherrywood Floss cabinets I would like to sell but
not sure where to go to post it. Does anyone have information?
Thank you,
Jean Marak

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \
| \
| \ )
|| (___\====
M.Robinson
Jean, I am looking for a "Floss Cabinet" If you can E-Mail me a picture
and the price you are looking for, I will tell you straight away if I will
but it.

Regards Margaret

Old April 23rd 12, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

Margaret Robinson wrote:

jeanmarak wrote:

I have one of the cherrywood Floss cabinets I would like to sell but
not sure where to go to post it. Does anyone have information?
Thank you,
Jean Marak

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \
| \
| \ )
|| (___\====
M.Robinson
Jean, I am looking for a "Floss Cabinet" If you can E-Mail me a picture
and the price you are looking for, I will tell you straight away if I will
but it.

Regards Margaret

Margaret, you have to be careful in responding to Sewgirls (usurpers of
newsgroup messages that they are!) messages. This one was from 2008!!!

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown
Old June 16th 15, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
xstchr

replying to Dianne Lewandowski, xstchr wrote:
dianne wrote:

jeanmarak wrote:
I have one of the cherrywood Floss cabinets I would like to sell

but
not sure where to go to post it. Does anyone have information?
Thank you,
Jean Marak

I'd be happy to list it on my forum. You can try RCTMarketplace, but I
doubt you'd get anywhere. And, of course, there's always EBay.

Dianne

Depending on the price, I would be interested in buying you DMC cabinet.

Old June 16th 15, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

dianne wrote:

jeanmarak wrote:
I have one of the cherrywood Floss cabinets I would like to sell

but
not sure where to go to post it. Does anyone have information?
Thank you,
Jean Marak

I'd be happy to list it on my forum. You can try RCTMarketplace, but
I doubt you'd get anywhere. And, of course, there's always EBay.

Dianne

Depending on the price, I would be interested in buying you DMC cabinet.

xstchr,
jeanmarak sent this message out in 2008, so I doubt you'll get a
response. Evidently sewgirls (or whatever they call themselves
now...the ones who usurp our messages into their group) is still at it.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown

Cherrywood Fabrics Dannielle Quilting 12 February 29th 08 06:21 PM
Quilt it for Christmas 1999 Library Lady Quilting 0 December 28th 06 10:43 PM
Cross My Heart 1999 booklet Pat P Needlework 2 August 22nd 06 06:16 PM
Floss-Away brand floss bags Seanette Blaylock Needlework 6 February 21st 05 04:49 AM
I'm so excited...got a DMC floss cabinet Blackie105 Needlework 0 March 29th 04 06:41 PM