What we're stitching now...

Old November 8th 05, 06:58 AM
Jere Williams

Default What we're stitching now...

I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I love interesting quotes, and I'm doing one now that says: I pray that
risen from the dead, I may in Glory stand. A Crown perhaps upon my head,
but a needle in my hand."

The last quote I did said as I told y'all, "Things haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister."

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

Old November 8th 05, 07:15 AM
Margaret Wilson

"Jere Williams" wrote in message
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

Jere

I always like this category. It's fun to see what others are working on
"right now".

I am working on "Feline Fascination". A Chart & Charms kit from
Dimensions.
Also "Lily Pond Dreams" from Black Swan Designs.

My TV project is a pre stamped, pre quilted crib cover called "Cuddly
Friends".
My church project is a prayer shawl in crochet.

Happy stitching,
Mag

Old November 8th 05, 07:26 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Jere .
I am usually not inclined to talk much about what
is `under the needle` ,,,,, well i talk about the work , not the
subject....But this times need some Needlwork talk ,,,, thus
I am stil working onthe big work i took apart after 3 years and i now
took this subject and divided the work into 12 parts , each needing
tedious long embroidered lines, to make squres on those parts before
adding apliqued parts ....
I found 2 more family members names i intend to add to my work
"Visiting relatives in Westerbork" .
I have a big work on the loom that will mostly be woven but it will
include embroidered faces [ and parts of faces] .
I have 2 other works thatstill need either place names or appliqued
parts ... i don`t count those works i just work when i can ,,,, at
home and on busses,
mirjam

Old November 8th 05, 09:22 AM
Pat P

"Jere Williams" wrote in message
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I love interesting quotes, and I'm doing one now that says: I pray that
risen from the dead, I may in Glory stand. A Crown perhaps upon my head,
but a needle in my hand."

The last quote I did said as I told y'all, "Things haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister."

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

----"or in the carpet!" LOL! I run around with bare feet!

I`m working on quite a big one (about 275 by 175) of Otley Hall, a beautiful
old Tudor house in our area which belonged to the Gosnold family. One of
them sailed to Jamestown in the "Godspeed", a replica of which was sailed
across there some years ago. I believe it`s still there, rotting away now.
At the moment I`m lost in the bushes, so to speak!

Pat P

Old November 8th 05, 11:18 AM
Pat Dumas

Oh, good idea!

I currently have three UFOs in the works:

1) Dimensions' "White Magic," about 1/4 stitched - White Magic is very
monochromatic in tone and on black.

2) Celestial Gathering (stitching just started). COlorful but on a navy
blue Lugana, so hard to see at night.

3) "Rocky Point" - for daytime stitching, on a 28 count White Belfast.
A beautiful palette on that one... I'm a sucker for bright coloration
and detail.

After the new year now that I have an LNS and can choose the fabric by
touching and feeling the give, will start Donna Giampi's "Christmas
Heirloom Sampler" :-)

Thanks for suggesting this, I can't wait to hear what others are working on.

Pat in PA

Old November 8th 05, 12:04 PM
Pat Dumas

Of course, for "Rocky Point" as it's a light background, I meant for
NIGHT TIME stitching... too early, not enough coffee... lol

Pat in PA

Old November 8th 05, 12:44 PM
Becky A

Jere Williams wrote:

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

OOOOOOooooooo...I like that. Was it something you whipped up yourself
or did it come from a leaflet? I'd like to make one too!

Played 'find the needle' for an hour last night...
Becky
Old November 8th 05, 12:56 PM
sharoncapps

I just finished Thistle stop by The Crossed Wing and started The Shepherd
Boy on the Marbek Nativity. I think I am really going to like this project.
Sharon in MN

Old November 8th 05, 12:58 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/8/05 1:58 AM, in article ,
"Jere Williams" wrote:

I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I love interesting quotes, and I'm doing one now that says: I pray that
risen from the dead, I may in Glory stand. A Crown perhaps upon my head,
but a needle in my hand."

The last quote I did said as I told y'all, "Things haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister."

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

First - what chart was the last one! I love it!

I have just a little left to do on Everyone's Nook - just the
personalization left. Just need to motivate myself

The beading is what all that is left on Paperdoll Teddy.

I've started "teatime" from Imaginating. Most of the center is done.

I've got a Debbie Mum teapot to finish by 11/22 for my best friend and
neighbor's birthday.

Cheryl

Old November 8th 05, 01:06 PM
Brenda Lewis

I have to hurry to finish a Mill Hill ornament since I only have one of
the pair done that I want to give DH for his birthday on Friday. Don't
ask me which one since I don't have it up here by the computer...

--
Brenda
Bilge Queen of Puzzle Pirates