Looking for knitting or crochet pattern for a Kangaroo

Old September 7th 05, 12:53 PM
Alison

Default Looking for knitting or crochet pattern for a Kangaroo

I'd like to knit or crochet a kangaroo for my daughter but have been
unable to find any patterns here in the UK. Ideally the kangaroo would
be about 1 foot (30 centimetres) high.

Does anyone know of anywhere on the web I can either download a pattern
or purchase a pattern of a kangaroo?

Thanks
Alison

Old September 7th 05, 02:54 PM
Aud

"Alison" skrev i melding
oups.com...
I'd like to knit or crochet a kangaroo for my daughter but have been
unable to find any patterns here in the UK. Ideally the kangaroo
would
be about 1 foot (30 centimetres) high.

Does anyone know of anywhere on the web I can either download a
pattern
or purchase a pattern of a kangaroo?

Thanks
Alison

Hi Alison!
In this boook you will find a kangaroo.
If you hold the mouse over the cover, a menu will show up. click on
"Table of contents":
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...DE R&st=books
(No picture.)

Old September 7th 05, 04:20 PM
Cheryl

http://www.vintageknits.com/toys5.html

http://www.dettasspindle.com/Knittin...tingbooks.html
TOY KNITS $21.50 (Debbie Bliss) More than 30 irresistible soft toys for you
to knit - from pigs and cuddly teddy bears to dolls, sheep, cows, a sad
donkey, and even a kangaroo. Beginning and advanced knitters alike will
enjoy these easy-to-knit projects, many of which can be created in a matter
of hours. Clear instructions and delightful photos accompany every toy in
the book. One of our best sellers...Just wait until you see it! 79 pgs.

Hope one of these helps

--

Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
Enness Boofhead Donut

(Don'y forget to replace the DOT)

oups.com...

Old September 7th 05, 06:58 PM
MRH

Here are three more URLs to find where you can buy patterns/books.
Unfortunately I couldn't find even one free pattern for a kangaroo.

http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/More_..._Toys-471.html

http://www.crochetaustralia.com.au/category24_2.htm

http://www.yarn.com/books/books2.html

Peace!
Gemini

PS Cheryl... love your kitty heads. ;o)

"Cheryl" wrote in message
http://www.vintageknits.com/toys5.html

http://www.dettasspindle.com/Knittin...tingbooks.html
TOY KNITS $21.50 (Debbie Bliss) More than 30 irresistible soft toys for
you
to knit - from pigs and cuddly teddy bears to dolls, sheep, cows, a sad
donkey, and even a kangaroo. Beginning and advanced knitters alike will
enjoy these easy-to-knit projects, many of which can be created in a
matter
of hours. Clear instructions and delightful photos accompany every toy in
the book. One of our best sellers...Just wait until you see it! 79 pgs.

Hope one of these helps

--

Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
Enness Boofhead Donut

(Don'y forget to replace the DOT)

oups.com...

Old September 8th 05, 03:00 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Alison, as usual the ladies have found the answer a request !! I was
feeling rather sad that here I was in Aust. and did not have a clue where to
get a kangaroo pattern - but nothing seems too much for our group God
Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

oups.com...

Old September 8th 05, 04:41 PM
MRH

"Tara D" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 01:20:56 +1000, "Cheryl"
wrote:

http://www.vintageknits.com/toys5.html

I have the Leisure Arts #136 "toys and puppets" if you want it
(halfway down the page). I doubt I'll ever use it again (probably
been 20 years since I made anything from it).

It has a kangaroo (have made that one), and even has a little finger
puppet roo to go in the pouch.

Tara

Tara, just curious, how old is that Leisure Arts #136 book? I used to buy
a LOT of those books, and don't remember seeing one with a kangaroo in it.
I can't believe I missed one with toys. / Hmmm... now I'm wondering if
I might actually have it and just don't realize it... it's been a while
since I've looked through my pattern books. ;o)

Peace!
Gemini

Old September 9th 05, 03:32 PM
MRH

"Tara D" wrote in message

LOL me too. I can't place my hand on it at the moment, but I made the
kangaroo for my brother probably in the late seventies early eighties.
I know it's here somewhere, just not in the pile I expected to find it
in. :-(

I would be embarrassed to admit I had patterns that old if I didn't
traditionally use patterns even older (my fave baby pattern book was
prolly published in the 60s...classic design styles).

Tara

A lot of my pattern books are very old. Some I bought, others I inherited
from two of my aunts. I've also come across really old patterns online that
I liked enough to save. ;o)

Peace!
Gemini

Old September 30th 05, 04:36 AM
Nunya

Are you still looking for a pattern? I might have one or 2.
Chris
"Aud" wrote in message

"Alison" skrev i melding
oups.com...