Cute Cat Quilt

Old July 11th 05, 01:35 PM
frood

Default Cute Cat Quilt

Yesterday, while shopping for more clothing fabric at my local Hancock's
store, I saw a really cute cat quilt on display. The block was simple,
similar to this one I found on the web -
http://www.azpatch.com/bom/pp2000/patterns/blackcat.htm but each of the 12
blocks was themed for a different month of the year. January's cat had a
scarf and was perched on a sled, Feb was sitting on heart background fabric,
April's sported rain gear, October's had a witch's hat on and was made of
Halloween fabric, and December's cat wore a Santa hat!

Spike and Giles also loved this quilt and told me to buy it. I explained
that someone else had made it, and it was just for display. They then told
me, no, Ordered me! to make one. NOW!

Hmmm. I guess I have time to at least play with the design....

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old July 11th 05, 08:19 PM
frood

If I actually made all of the quilts that they wanted me to make, I'd be up
to me oxters in quilts!

Old July 12th 05, 01:04 AM
Denise in NH

Wendy, you just gave me an idea. I have a store bought pattern for a
cat wearing different dresses ( Alley Cat Tales Primitives), and I have
quite a bit of seasonal-themed material. I think I will make a 12 block
wallhanging of cats wearing a different dress each month. I think that
would go over well in my church's "silent auction" fundraiser in
October. Now I gotta go dig up some of my hearts, clovers, snowflakes,
turkeys, santas, etc. I suppose flowers for May, and I think I have
fireworks in my Americana collection, maybe clouds for April to signify
April showers, May flowers, June, maybe I can add a tiny tulle veil and
wedding dress, August, I could design a bikini, I don't think I have
anything school related for Sept. Any Sept ideas?? How about apples,
that might work. This would be my first applique, but I think It would
look best done in a primitive style, so I can fuse the cats, then their
dresses, then raw edge applique. Now I have something to think about
for the rest of the week. I have five quilt tops waiting for
sandwiching and quilting and I keep looking for an excuse to put them
off.

Denise

Old July 12th 05, 02:18 AM
frood

You could always do a Fall-fabric dress for September. Or beg for
school-related fabric. It sounds cute - what a great idea!

Old July 12th 05, 09:19 PM
Pat in Virginia

Denise.
Might be able to help for Sept. Email me your snail address.
Also, minimum size square needed for the appliqué piece. Some of
my scraps are small indeed and we wouldn't want Miss Kitty to go
off to school in a dress that doesn't cover the bare essentials!
PAT

Cute baby quilt M Rimmer Quilting 6 May 1st 05 07:45 PM
Nice Quilt Story Sk8eraunt Quilting 4 October 2nd 04 03:46 PM
Mini B.C. quilt shop tour shhdesigns Quilting 13 September 15th 04 04:03 AM
Gifting a "used" quilt? KI Graham Quilting 13 September 6th 04 07:18 PM
Bear's Paw Block Quilt Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 22 September 3rd 04 11:41 PM