Send me a toddler

Old January 20th 05, 03:02 AM
Polly Esther

Default Send me a toddler

I need one to make something sticky.
Because I bring to quilting some minor challenges - one eye, weak knees
and a limited attention span, to mention a few, I thought it would be very
helpful to have a real cover on my design wall. Up until now, it was covered
with $1 a yard polyester terry cloth. That worked great but it did not have
lines of any sort on it.
Today we covered my 4' x 8' sheet of paneling with the real thing.
Design Wall Grid (to the tune of $40).
It works great as far as lining up, looking at, and trying out.
But things don't stick to it. I have to poke pins in anything I want to
stay on it.
We figure any self-respecting toddler could make it good and gummy in
just no time. We guarantee to spoil said loaned tot with joy and return him
safely. Any other ideas? Polly

Old January 20th 05, 03:04 AM
Roberta

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

I would send you my toddlers (2 and 4) but I am afraid they would spend more
time terrorizing your gators then making things sticky. They you would have
and un-sticky wall and gators in therapy...not much help

Roberta in MD

Old January 20th 05, 03:39 AM
Polly Esther

Ummm. You're right. The cost of gator therapy is way out of the budget.
Insurance issues, you know. Polly

"Roberta" wrote

Old January 20th 05, 03:44 AM
Polly Esther

Well, you see - the Yorkie can make anything that reaches to the floor quite
gummy but he's really short. Really, really short. I figure any toddler at
his mildest could gum up the whole sheet in just no time. Polly

"Jan" wrote Oh!! Had I only known this earlier, DD would have been right
down!! lol...
she had more energy than I today! And sticky hands are her specialty!

As for ideas, not a clue... haven't heard of the stuff, but now I'm going
to have to go google it because you have my curiosity up!!

Old January 20th 05, 04:13 AM
melinda

Roberta wrote:

[...]

My toddler is asleep ATM, afternnon nap. It's also a little far to send him,
but he'd terrorise you then give you a big hug that would make your heart
all gooey instead.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old January 20th 05, 04:57 AM
taria

Kind of short of toddlers around here. WOuld you take a 20 yo?
I might throw in an 8 month old pup for good measure.
I dumped oj all over the kitchen this morning. I might be just
right, although a tad elderly for a toddler.
Is you problem your humidity won't allow for any static electricity?
We have no moisture around here usually and lots of static even when
the kids are gone. That's the only thing I can think of and I am
not sure what the fix would be. I hae no design wall so I am
envious any way around.
Taria

Old January 20th 05, 05:23 AM
nzlstar

damn, now that is a dilemma, for sure, polly.
i dont have any toddlers round here any longer, thank goodness, i ran out of
that kind of energy yrs and yrs ago.
i do however have a 17yo ds who somehow gets the kitchen sticky as can be
whenever hes in there cooking up some vegetarian delight to fill his tummy.
either that or i'm just hoping to get rid of him somehow, lol.

i wonder if basting spray would fix the non-stickyness of that design wall.
dont know how long that lasts, might need re-doing too often for the budget.
also i hear tell its nasty stuff to inhale so MUST BE DONE OUTSIDE.

whats the fabric its made of now?
is there anyway to put some static electricity into that perhaps.
hmmmm, how bout gluing some flannel sqs inbetween the grid lines, no, i
guess thats a bit too much work and destroys the overall flatness of the
wall.

yup, tis a dilemma for sure.
jeanne
still on the lookout for any home, good, bad or indifferent for the ds. the
boy wont even be volunteer'd to help repaint the bathroom in lime green,
some help he is, arghhhhhhhh
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Polly Esther" wrote...

Old January 20th 05, 06:58 AM
georg

Polly Esther wrote:

Well, you see - the Yorkie can make anything that reaches to the floor quite
gummy but he's really short. Really, really short. I figure any toddler at
his mildest could gum up the whole sheet in just no time. Polly

It the thing screwed to the wall really firmly? lay it down. Apply yorkie.

Or, just lift yorkie.

-georg
Old January 20th 05, 07:28 AM
DrQuilter

mmmm I could send Sofia over... she now does this adorable little dance
when you sing - arms up in the air, and dances in outward circles.....
you'd have to lay down the design wall on the floor, coat her feet with
honey and put "the wheels of the bus" in a loop in your CD player...

georg wrote:

Polly Esther wrote:

Well, you see - the Yorkie can make anything that reaches to the floor
quite
gummy but he's really short. Really, really short. I figure any
toddler at
his mildest could gum up the whole sheet in just no time. Polly

It the thing screwed to the wall really firmly? lay it down. Apply yorkie.

Or, just lift yorkie.

-georg

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old January 20th 05, 09:57 AM
Hanne Gottliebsen

Don't have any toddlers, so can't help on that, but how about trying
some of the temporary mounting spray?

OK, no saying what that might do to fabric though. Seemed like a good
idea at the time...

Hanne in London

Winter Wonderland Swap frood Quilting 3 November 13th 04 02:04 AM
OT Please send ties and jeans DJDREVNA Quilting 3 August 30th 04 12:46 AM