stained glass quilt

Old June 30th 04, 09:44 AM
Terbear

Default stained glass quilt

Hi all!
I took a stained glass quilt class on Monday, and just loved it. Wanted to
share my completed quilt to with everyone.
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts/iris_001
Let me know what you think....It was so easy, and really fun, if you have
ever been thinking about doing one, I say go for it!

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old June 30th 04, 10:15 AM
Patti

Teri that's really lovely.
Inspired me to make another one in the not too distant future. They
look stunning; and the fabrics in yours are particularly beautiful.
Well done.
..
In article P3vEc.19126$Yu.16881@fed1read04, Terbear
writes
Hi all!
I took a stained glass quilt class on Monday, and just loved it. Wanted to
share my completed quilt to with everyone.
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts/iris_001
Let me know what you think....It was so easy, and really fun, if you have
ever been thinking about doing one, I say go for it!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 30th 04, 12:09 PM
Louise

It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Did you make your own bias tape or did
you use the pre-made on a roll? I have a WUH ready to be quilted -- I
started out making my own, but found the pre-made stuff about half way
through. Loved it!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old June 30th 04, 01:04 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

Terbear wrote:
Hi all!
I took a stained glass quilt class on Monday, and just loved it. Wanted to
share my completed quilt to with everyone.
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts/iris_001
Let me know what you think....It was so easy, and really fun, if you have
ever been thinking about doing one, I say go for it!

very very nice - I wanna play!

Suzie B
(posting from Netscape rather than Free Agent and haven't worked out how
to do a new signature file yet!)

Old June 30th 04, 01:23 PM
Dannielle

Ooooh! I know a really good home for that one if it needs one!

I definiely have to do that one though...I love purple iris' more than any
other flower out there! Purpl iris and English Ivy....isn't that a weird
combination?

Thanks for sharing!
Dannielle

Old June 30th 04, 01:40 PM
nana2b

Hi Teri, That is so pretty! I have not tried this technique yet. Do you
think someone can do this without taking a class? I can follow directions
very well. Love the fabrics for the purple iris too.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old June 30th 04, 01:50 PM
Debbi

Teri,

It's wonderful. I love it! Where did you take the class? Was this your first
stained glass?

Debbi in SO CA

Old June 30th 04, 02:14 PM
Patti

Hullo Linda
If you are good at following instructions, this is not one of the
difficult techniques. The one hint I would give you, if I may, is to do
your cutting out very accurately and position your pieces so that they
are really touching with *no* gap whatsoever between them. This is
really important because, otherwise, the bias tape will not be able to
hold both pieces securely. In order to help this: if any two pieces are
the same, it is wise to write some clue on the back as to which piece is
which, so that the placement is exactly as the cutting out. You may
think you are always cutting out exactly on the line, but a thread or
two off can make all the difference. (I guess that was a sort of
composite tip!!!!)
..
In article , nana2b
writes

Old June 30th 04, 02:26 PM
Queen of Squishies

That's beautiful, Teri! I've wanted to make one ever since I first saw one.
Have never looked at any instructions yet, though. Would a person be able
to do it without a class, you suppose?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old June 30th 04, 02:33 PM
the black rose

Just one word: ooooooooooooooooh!

Terbear wrote:
Hi all!
I took a stained glass quilt class on Monday, and just loved it. Wanted to
share my completed quilt to with everyone.
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts/iris_001
Let me know what you think....It was so easy, and really fun, if you have
ever been thinking about doing one, I say go for it!

--
the black rose, wench with a wrench
proud to be owned by a yorkie