New quilt layout, quilting classes, new pictures

Old February 22nd 04, 02:31 AM
Ann

Default New quilt layout, quilting classes, new pictures

Remember my dilemna last month on my colour choice for my quilt layout? I
had laid the blocks out and re-arranged and looked at it for a couple of
days and it still didn't do a thing for me. Well I got rid of the green and
brown blocks and replaced them with burgundy blocks and different greens.
It's much nicer and I'm very pleased. I've posted pictures and left the old
lay out to jog your memories )

I"ve also been busy with classes. The last couple of Friday evenings have
been learning machine quilting. Walking foot, free motion, motifs. Have
learned heaps!!!

Today was a class on the hollow cubes. I've posted a picture of a few of
the blocks created today. More sewing class tomorrow so it's been nothing
but a sewing and learning weekend. And a very successful one too )

Next Friday night's class we need to bring a wall hanging / lap quilt to
machine quilt. My goal is to have enough of the hollow cubes done from this
class to make a lap size quilt. I have many many miles to sew for that to
happen so the pressure is on!!

Ann........just oozing with knowledge and hoping some absorbs
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Old February 22nd 04, 02:34 AM
Julia Altshuler

Ann wrote:
Remember my dilemna last month on my colour choice for my quilt layout? I
had laid the blocks out and re-arranged and looked at it for a couple of
days and it still didn't do a thing for me. Well I got rid of the green and
brown blocks and replaced them with burgundy blocks and different greens.
It's much nicer and I'm very pleased. I've posted pictures and left the old
lay out to jog your memories )

That is amazing! Did any of us suggest replacing the browns with
burgundies? How did you know? That so WORKS.

--Lia

Old February 22nd 04, 02:47 AM
Ann

Thanks Julia

Everyone here was so supportive of my first choice colours but deep down I
knew the browns had to go, even as I progressed on sewing the blocks .
These jewel tones just grab ya

Ann

Old February 22nd 04, 03:18 AM
hfw

I love it! What a great solution. Doesn't it feel terrific when a problem
gets solved?

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old February 22nd 04, 05:25 AM
Sharon Harper

Oooh that's gorgeous - and I love the hollow cubes.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old February 22nd 04, 05:37 AM
KittyG

I have to tell you Ann, ALL of your work is beautiful. You've got a great
eye for pattern and color and now that I see it, I can see you were right in
replacing those browns. That is really going to be a gorgeous quilt. While
I was there, I took a look at those table runners and WOW! Those are
wonderful! Putting table runners on my list...which is getting longer by
the minute but what can you do? It's your fault. Really. Thanks for
sharing!

kitty in phx

--
Remove "s" and "i" in email to respond.
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

Old February 22nd 04, 06:11 AM
Ann

awwww thanks Kitty for the kind words.
Those tables runners........well they are great for a quick project and the
satisfaction of completing something.

Ann

Old February 22nd 04, 11:52 AM
Patti

Hullo Ann
I really love your new Florentine layout. But, I suppose that doesn't
count for all that much because I have really liked *all* the versions
you have come up with!
And I am absolutely entranced by the hollow cubes. Fabulous. Something
I *must* do - and before very long. Mmmmm ...
I admire you for sticking at this problem, until you were quite
satisfied with it yourself. Well done. The 'simple' quilt layout will
lend itself to some fantastic quilting - putting your lessons into
practice. How exciting.
..
In article HvUZb.34447$D_5.15455@edtnps84, Ann
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 22nd 04, 12:51 PM
Louise

Wow! It's amazing what a difference the burgundy and greens make. This is a
gorgeous quilt!

And the hollow cubes are calling me! I'm definitely feeling an urge to give
them a try. Thanks for sharing.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com