New Angel

Old June 22nd 04, 01:23 AM
CrossStitchGal

Here is a link to her yahoo group.
I rarely go there myself but you should be able to find any answer there
Marilyn's designs.

BTW the last time I checked there was no moderator here. Feel free as everyone
else is to ask a question or post info here about anything needlework related.

As you have already seen any mention of Marilyn tends to bring out the worst in
at least one frequent poster here. Best advice enjoy the helpful posts ignore
the rest. There is no reason anyone should confine their posts about any
designer/needlework to a group elsewhere.

Since I am a fan of sorts, I would like to visit the yahoo group. I did a
search for it, but I don't know what it is called. Does anybody know?

--
Happy Stitching!
Kathy :-)
Old June 22nd 04, 01:36 AM
Caryn

As you have already seen any mention of Marilyn tends to bring out the worst
in
at least one frequent poster here. Best advice enjoy the helpful posts
ignore
the rest. There is no reason anyone should confine their posts about any
designer/needlework to a group elsewhere.

The worst? Really? Today's discussion has been polite disagreement for the
most part.

I even, very helpfully, was the first to give Rhea the link to Marilyn's Group,
hardly "the worst" behavior.

The new design was discussed, both by those who liked it and those who didn't.
That is what is supposed to happen here, isn't it? Discussions of stitching
and stash, both pros and cons?

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old June 22nd 04, 01:40 AM
Caryn

Yes, but now she's gone and it's over. Why not just let it go?

So this means when any new design from anybody comes out we shouldn't say if we
like it or not?

That's pretty much what happened. Some people said they liked it, some said
they didn't.

Old June 22nd 04, 02:24 AM
Jenn Liace

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:05:08 -0600, "Dawne Peterson"
wrote:

Is there
anyone here who feels that way about another designer??

I'm rapidly getting there about both Marc Saastad (The Silver Lining)
and Just Nan. I must admit that I'm not into lighthouses and the
poppies and irises aren't my thing, but I absolutely LOVE the roses
(and I'm waiting quite impatiently for the lilacs I hear are
coming....) And Nan has some "misses" in terms of the things I like,
but I still run eagerly to her site for pictures whenever I hear of a
new one.

Jenn L.
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Old June 22nd 04, 02:43 AM
Dr. Brat

Caryn wrote:
[attib deleted. I said this]
Yes, but now she's gone and it's over. Why not just let it go?

So this means when any new design from anybody comes out we shouldn't say if we
like it or not?

Why say if you don't like it? Everybody has different tastes, but why
not let those who are pleased with it bask in their enjoyment for a while?

Besides, it doesn't seem to me that everyone rushes to say if they like
or don't like every new design that's posted about here. In fact, I
don't think I've ever seen anyone come out and immediately say that they
didn't like something when a link was posted, unless it was one of MLI's
and then I can predict who will post their dislike.

That's pretty much what happened. Some people said they liked it, some said
they didn't.

I suppose. That's not my perspective on it, but that's ok.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 22nd 04, 03:08 AM
clancy

I think people really have just let her go (MLI)- it seemed that if you
didn't drool and go on about her designs, you were suddenly an enemy - and
she'd reply quite snottily to posts who didn't practically worship her,
where as a designer, I would think she should've taken all the negative
posts 'in' (like people saying 'same angel different dress' )... and
actually do something different. The faces, to me, are getting uglier and
uglier as time goes by ... maybe she should go back to her Butternut Roads
and Told In a Garden type designs - I really loved those. I have done some
of her L&L stuff but I thought at one time she was a wealth of ideas for all
subjects - not any more. And no I will not be doing this angel - presently
working on The Wizard from Kustom Krafts and next I think I'll do Slicker
Parade - that's so cute. Just my two cents.

Sharon (N.B.)
"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
Caryn wrote:
It just seems to me that people post about new designs from various
designers, but only one of them gets a guaranteed negative response on
this group.

Were you here when that designer was here?

Why, yes, I was.

She didn't exactly endear herself to a lot of people.

Old June 22nd 04, 03:14 AM
Linda D.

Now here is a wonderful example of different tastes The
only TW's I have in my stash are her topiaries, the chart was actually
a gift from a friend, and I love those designs. I don't feel TW is
very good at faces, I don't care for fantasy designs, and I also feel
TW overuses blended needles.

I don't like all of MLI's designs, but I do love the Amish
designs, the older angels(i.e. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter
Angels, Angel of Mercy, and I love The Wedding). I feel MLI is
extremely good at faces, and her use of colour is outstanding. I do
agree some of her newer designs are repetitive, and those baby ones
that came out a couple of years ago were awful, IMNSHO.

take care, Linda

On 21 Jun 2004 20:19:18 GMT, wd (Caryn) wrote:

I feel this way about most TW's I have just about every fantasy related chart
in my stash, plus several others.

The only ones I have never felt compelled to buy are the topiaries and fruit
based designs.
snipped
Caryn

Old June 22nd 04, 03:22 AM
Linda D.

Hmmm....shall we start critiquing each and every design that
comes out? How would any of the designers on this group like it if we
picked apart the designs they have laboured over for days, weeks,
months, or possibly years?

I guess I have a soft spot for MLI, she isn't perfect, but
there is no doubt she has a whole lot of talent.

take care, Linda

Old June 22nd 04, 03:56 AM
Cozit/Liz

Sorry... but I do have to speak up to disagree with that one. While she
does have some designs that I really like, they're relatively few in
number... not that all the rest are bad, just not to my taste.

Guess what. She knows that... or used to at least. She's even
responded to posts of mine in the past (I think here as well, but it's
been so long now I wouldn't swear to it) in which I've questioned
something, but not praised whatever the rest of the topic was about.

She hasn't even had a problem with folks commenting that they weren't
wild about one of her designs or another on her group... as long as
they're not rude and nasty about it, of course. People have differing
interests and opionions. Heck, if they didn't, she wouldn't have ended
up coming up with several different "lines" of designs.

Yes, I know that some folks here may have differing opinions about her
personally, as well as professionally.

But it's unfair to say that she sees those who don't "drool and go on
about her designs" as anything *like* an enemy.

-Liz

clancy wrote:
[...]

Old June 22nd 04, 03:57 AM
Caryn

In fact, I
don't think I've ever seen anyone come out and immediately say that they
didn't like something when a link was posted, unless it was one of MLI's
and then I can predict who will post their dislike.

sniff....sniff....

Does anybody else smell bait?