Will I get to stitch today???

Old August 26th 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

Default Will I get to stitch today???

"Karen C in California" wrote
If you've taken care of younger siblings you don't have the romantic idea
that a baby is like your Betsy-Wetsy doll, that you only bother with
when you feel like playing with it.

The sad thing is that there are still girls, even those with lots of little
brothers and sisters, who think having a baby is a good thing because the
baby will love just them. Or the baby will make the boyfriend love them.
That tends to make them glaze over the reality even if they have experienced
it.

Dawne

Old August 27th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 8/24/08 4:36 PM, in article , "Karen C
in California" wrote:

Jangchub wrote:
there are some really beautiful clothes in them there thrift shops.

Yep. I once got a Pierre Cardin wool blazer for $4. One of the female
attorneys inquired "how can you afford that on what they pay you?"
According to Ms. Fashion Sense, it was only a year old.

I never find great clothes at thrift shops, I have found lots of great
things at local consignment shop. The best is still a navy A-line skirt from
Talbotts that hits just at the knee - a whole one dollar as the instructions
were to sell the stuff and keep the $$ - owner was ditching the classic look
and the shop was a "fashion" store. I found few other things, but that
skirt will be in my closet until I am buried in it.

My best purchase at a consignment shop was an Aquascutum tweed suit
about 15 years ago. It set me back $100, but considering that it was
brand new, never worn and had cost $500 off the rack.....

I still have it. And I can finally get back into the skirt again
The skirt is a simple a-line with a pleat front and back, and the jacket
is slightly fitted.

I've also found a wine coloured silk jacket for $5, wool trousers and
other goodies.

MargW