Designs for the Needle

Old October 18th 04, 06:42 AM
Suzanne

Default Designs for the Needle

Does anyone know if the company Designs for the Needle is still in
existence, or where I might find a listing of their kits? While
looking for some needlework item for me, my DMIL found part of a kit
from DFN that she bought back in the 80s and never finished. Then
again, she may have never started it, since she doesn't remember doing
it. But she found only the piece of paper with the photo of the kit on
the front and the chart on the back and some floss attached to it. She
still thinks it's really pretty but doesn't think she'll ever have the
time to get to it, so I offered to do it for her. It's a stamped cross
stitch kit that looks pretty simple. It's called "A Stitch in
Victorian Time," and the verse reads, "Lord help me remember that
nothing is going to happen today that You and I together can't handle."
The kit even comes with a mat. In case anyone's interested, the item
number is 5002 Lord. I've looked on line with not much success.
Hoffman doesn't have DFN listed, and I can't find a web page for them.
Though quite a few INSs have kits by them, none of them seem to have
this particular kit. Doing a search for the kit by name gave me a few
hits, but they're all at places like eBay and don't have the kit
available anymore. It does have an address listed, but it wouldn't do
much good writing to them if they're no longer around.
--
Suze
Cat hair? That's just an embellishment.

Old October 19th 04, 02:29 AM
U9corn angel

Does anyone know if the company Designs for the Needle is still in
existence, or where I might find a listing of their kits?

I mostly find DFN kits at the FibreCraft Outlet Store here in suburban Chicago.
Most of what they have is small ready-to-hang ornaments (either with plastic
frames or wire hangers) or coasters. I honestly don't know if they're actively
in business or if FibreCraft has simply inherited a bunch of old stock.
Old October 19th 04, 10:46 PM
Linda Wright

I don't know if this is still active, but here's some information I found:

Designs for the Needle, Inc.
2537 Madison Ave.
Kansas City, MO 64108
Old October 19th 04, 10:49 PM
Linda Wright

I actually found another contact too, with a phone number:

Designs For the Needle
1146 Booth St, Kansas City, KS
913-221-0706