Press and seal

Old November 9th 05, 11:57 AM
Estelle Gallagher

Default Press and seal

Can anyone give me some information on press and seal.I have read here that
it is good for marking quilt designs and as my DSIL is coming over for a
week from VA,I will ask her to bring me some.Is it in the supermarkets and
easily available,will she know what I mean .? She is not a quilter at
all.Thanks for any help!

--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

Old November 9th 05, 12:35 PM
The Brown Family

I have yet to try that out as well Estelle. But, I did pick some up for when I
do want to try it out. I live in Canada and here they sell it at Wal-Mart
(which is where I got mine) and also the grocery stores (I think).

Lorraine

Old November 9th 05, 12:37 PM
Polly Esther

You might want to give her its complete name - Glad Press'n Seal, sealable
plastic wrap. The supermarkets put it with the ordinary plastic wrap,
aluminum foil, wax paper and zip bags. HTH Polly

Old November 9th 05, 01:48 PM
Nann Hilyard

Default Don't forget the freezer paper! Press and seal

Estelle,
P&S is wonderful! As people have already said, it's carried along with foil
and food storage wraps. While your DSIL is at Wal-Mart or wherever, he
could also purchase some freezer paper for you. It's in the same section of
the store. Quilters use it for applique--it has a plastic coating on one
side that adheres to fabric, but it can be removed easily. I remember from
previous RCTQ posts that that kind of paper is not stocked in England.

Nann

Old November 9th 05, 03:37 PM
quilter

Good idea. I know freezer paper is sold by the piece in New Zealand
quilt shops. And I think a roll of freezer paper is something like $27
at an LQS there (is that right kiwis?). I love press&seal, and I get
it at the grocery store, but I haven't used it for any quilting purpose
yet...I am just saran wrap-impaired, so this stuff is a dream for me to
cover bowls.

Lynn

Old November 9th 05, 04:46 PM
Estelle Gallagher

Thanks Polly.That is all the details posible I think.Just heard she will be
here next week so not long to wait!!Estelle uk
.net...

Old November 9th 05, 04:48 PM
Estelle Gallagher

Thanks Nann.I do have the freezer paper! She brought some over a couple of
years ago! I use it a lot and share it at club too!
Estelle.

Old November 9th 05, 05:46 PM
Sally Swindells

Our Freezer Paper is in quilt shops only - not grocery type stores. I
get mine from my LQS - just bought my second roll - £5 a rolls,
probably twice as expensive as yours. My LQS also sells it by the yard
(£1). I told her about Press 'n Seal and she was going to investigate
it with her importer. Must see if she ever got anywhere.

I think some of the confusion arose because someone asked a visiting
teacher from the US where to buy freezer paper here, and they said
Walmarts (which we don't have), or a grocery type store.

Lucky Estelle. My DSIL visits the US every year, but not this year as
she is saving to go to Peru next year!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old November 9th 05, 08:59 PM
nzlstar*

last time i saw it here it was some ridiculous price sold by the yard/metre
about $3 i think, good grief what are they thinking. but some folks with
more dollars than sense buy it i guess.
not me, i brought a roll home from usa last trip.
before that i have gotten for free from small printing companys the wrappers
off the large reams of printing paper, they toss it. its exactly like the
wrappers we all have on our own puter printer paper and freezer paper,
shiney one side, dull the other side. it is to waterproof the paper. iron
the shiney side to the fabric for applique work.
works a treat.
hugz,
jeanne
nearly thru with the paperwork on moms grandkids inheritance, working on
getting some money into my sisters acct for her personal expenses but
stiiiiiiiiill waiting to hear from the auction house in london, ontario
about the sale of items i left there, some dozen or more boxes left there in
mid may and a few 'flash' items sold in online auction in mid oct...would be
nice if they replied to emails, i know i got the addy right as it was a
reply to them from earlier. sigh....
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r