Another very small happy dance :)

Old May 25th 04, 01:21 AM
Sandy Foster

Default Another very small happy dance :)

Since I've decided to postpone quilting my monster (the Out of Darkness
BOM I pieced) until after camp in July so I can take advantage of the
class I'll be taking there, I went ahead and made yet another of those
small paper-pieced dog quilts. This one is for my twin and her DH. They
have Scarlett, a miniature schnauzer, who is a real character. My
problem with this one lay in the fact that the pattern showed cropped
ears, while Scarlett's ears were never cropped and flop down. But I did
my best to edit the pattern and am not totally unhappy with the result
(though I'm not totally happy with it, either g). I bordered the block
in an Oriental fabric I had, since my twin and her DH will be
transferred to China for three years beginning this fall. I'll give them
the "quiltlet" (it's not really a mini!) when I see them this summer.
I've posted a pic at the bottom of http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1/dogminis.html.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old May 25th 04, 03:44 AM
Taria

You are having too much fun with all those pooches Sandy!
Very cute, the quilts and real dogs.
Taria

Old May 25th 04, 04:08 AM
Joanna

Very nice and I would be proud. I'm sure she'll love it.I looked at all
the small pieces it took to make the dog pictures and I think you have
wayyyy more patience than I. But I'm glad, our differences are what
makes quilting appealing to so many people around the world. I think
it's a universal language. Many things can be said with a quilt without
ever saying a word.
Joanna
--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old May 25th 04, 01:38 PM
Queen of Squishies

It's adorable, Sandy. And I think you did a great job on those ears!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old May 25th 04, 06:11 PM
Sandy Foster

In article k.net,
"Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ earthlink.net wrote:

It's adorable, Sandy. And I think you did a great job on those ears!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Thanks, Karen! I suspect this is the last dog I'll do for a while -- I
think I've done enough. G
Old May 25th 04, 06:12 PM
Sandy Foster

In article QMysc.16571$SQ2.3023@edtnps89,
Joanna wrote:

Very nice and I would be proud. I'm sure she'll love it.I looked at all
the small pieces it took to make the dog pictures and I think you have
wayyyy more patience than I. But I'm glad, our differences are what
makes quilting appealing to so many people around the world. I think
it's a universal language. Many things can be said with a quilt without
ever saying a word.
Joanna

Thanks, Joanna. I agree -- the differences give the variety necessary
for a wide group of people to find something in common.
Old May 25th 04, 06:13 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Taria wrote:

You are having too much fun with all those pooches Sandy!
Very cute, the quilts and real dogs.

You're right, Taria. G But I think this will probably be the last of
the doggie quiltlets for a time; I really ought to get on with something
else. Of course, since I said that, someone is just *bound* to show up
and need a dog quiltlet, too! g
Old May 25th 04, 06:47 PM
frood

Sandy, you have a real flair for these! This latest one is also great! You
did a marvelous job on un-cropping the ears. :-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old May 25th 04, 10:03 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

Sandy, you have a real flair for these! This latest one is also great! You
did a marvelous job on un-cropping the ears. :-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Thanks, Wendy! I've always loved dogs -- maybe that's why these appeal
to me so much.
Old May 25th 04, 10:38 PM
Patti

She's lovely Sandy; a fine addition to your doggie quiltlets. I love
that expression and will use it for my mini, but not true miniatures,
from now on - if you don't mind of course.
..
In article ,
Sandy Foster writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill

2 YEAR HAPPY DANCE IN WAITING!!!!!!!!!!! Angbug Needlework 3 April 26th 04 08:40 PM
the stippling happy dance.... Heidi from Germany Quilting 14 March 20th 04 12:22 AM
Happy Dance Maureen Wozniak Quilting 6 March 13th 04 12:58 AM
Happy Dance Jan Dunaway Quilting 15 September 23rd 03 02:16 PM
Happy happy dance dance.... Kellie J. Berger Quilting 5 September 20th 03 01:42 PM