OT - job interview for British Railways

Old March 20th 09, 08:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

Default OT - job interview for British Railways

Jim wanted a job as a signalman on the railways. At the job interview
the inspector asked him a question: "What would you do if you saw 2
trains heading for each other on the SAME track?"
Jim said: "I would put all signals to danger"
"What if they were going too fast?", asked the inspector.
Jim said," I would switch the points for one of the trains."
"What if the lever broke?", asked the inspector.
"Then I'd dash down the signal box steps waving a red flag", said Jim.
"What if it blew away in the wind?' asked the inspector.
"Then I'd run back into signal box & phone the next signal box."
"What if the phone was engaged?"
"Well.....in that case," persevered Jim, "I'd rush down out of the box &
use the public emergency phone at the level crossing."
"What would you do if THAT was vandalized?"
"Oh well, then I'd run into the village & get my Uncle Harry."
This puzzled the Inspector, so he asked, "Why would you do that?"
"Because he's never seen a train crash!!"
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK

OT - teaching interview Karen, Queen of Squishies Quilting 2 March 27th 08 08:52 AM
Interview today Empress Beads Beads 3 May 4th 05 01:40 PM
Interview with Warren MacKenzie Lee In Mashiko, Japan Pottery 1 March 24th 05 07:27 PM
Sewing Interview/Machine [email protected] Sewing 1 October 16th 03 01:27 PM
Interview KDK Beads 0 September 7th 03 07:22 AM