Intro - let's try this again

Old May 13th 04, 12:30 PM
Michaela

Default Intro - let's try this again

Sorry, something went wrong
Anyway, as I was saying, I have been reading this newsgroup for a while.

I learned how to knit at school in Germany, when I was 8 years old, and have
knitted ever since.

Just in the past year, I have actually thought about making some money with
my skill, and have approached my kids school, to start a Knitting Club.
That is going so well, that I talked to someone at the local college to
offer a knitting course for adults. And they liked the idea, AND they will
PAY me for it!!! Imagine that. I am still in shock.

I was thinking of a hat and a keyhole scarf as a fist project (with Boa
yarn), but now decided to teach the stitches on different yarn first.
I am trying to think of a catchy name for it all.

At the Knitting Club, we are winding down, and our last project is going to
be "Kool-Aid" Dyed Wool, and the kids will knit a hat and scarf with it.

Personally, I am working on a kazillion things, but my "Dancing Vines"
sweater is almost finished.

That's it, and I really like this newsgroup and all the interesting ideas
and links I got from here.

Michaela ( in Canada)

NOW I hit the send button!

--
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Old May 13th 04, 03:58 PM
Shillelagh

Hi Michaela (waving madly)

Where in Canada are you located? And welcome to the group.

Shelagh

Old May 13th 04, 04:27 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Michaela,

Welcome to this great group. What a wonderful thing you are doing, teaching
knitting. Don't forget there are also senior citizens that may like to learn to
knit also.
Keep us posted on all your projects.

Hugs,

Nora
Old May 13th 04, 04:28 PM
Llaurie

"Michaela" wrote in message
[...]

Welcome Michaela
I've been thinking about the same thing ( teaching knitting or at least
maybe selling some of my patterns) Good luck with it!
laurie
also in canada

--
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Old May 13th 04, 10:25 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Michaela"
wrote:

[...]

Michaela, in Canada.....(smiling)

Good for you that you have found a nich.....You are going to teach
knitting to adulds. Great, they all come to your course because they want
to learn. You will love it.

Where in Canada do you live

I was teaching, a new Guild member, how to spin yesterday. I find it
very refreshing to do, because a student will force you to look at the
technieque you have done for years, with new eyes.

Els, on Vancouver Island, but formely from Toronto (38 years as a matter
of fact).

--
hate spam not welcome
Old May 14th 04, 02:23 AM
Mischief

Michaela

Welcome to the newsgroup we are a very friendly bunch. It's wonderful
that you are getting paid to teach knitting at a college. This is
something that I would love to do and have thought about seeing if the
community centre near me would offer the course.

Which part of Canada are you in?

Darlene in Toronto
members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Sent using Virtual Access 5.51 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Old May 14th 04, 04:45 AM
J. Koster

On 5/13/04 4:30 AM Michaela is reported to have said the following:

Sorry, something went wrong
Anyway, as I was saying, I have been reading this newsgroup for a while.

I learned how to knit at school in Germany, when I was 8 years old, and have
knitted ever since.

gently snipped

That's it, and I really like this newsgroup and all the interesting ideas
and links I got from here.

Michaela ( in Canada)

NOW I hit the send button!

Welcome, Michaela, and what a wonderful thing for you!

Joan
--
Gone fibernatin'.
Old May 14th 04, 12:43 PM
Sarah Grace

Michaela wrote:
Anyway, as I was saying, I have been reading this newsgroup for a while.

I learned how to knit at school in Germany, when I was 8 years old, and have
knitted ever since.

Hi Michaela

A warm welcome to a fab group, from balmy NW England!

regards
Sarah

Re-delurk and intro BeadedFufuberrie Beads 18 November 18th 04 06:27 PM
a proper intro? -- long Peggy Beads 37 September 27th 04 07:47 PM
Intro and newbie question *~Candygrrl~* Beads 26 September 21st 04 06:04 PM
Intro Michaela Yarn 2 May 15th 04 03:41 AM
AD: lutrick lampwork beads and an intro llutrick Beads 6 March 31st 04 09:08 PM