The Flutterby Quilt

Old November 24th 15, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default The Flutterby Quilt

I have revised a pattern that uses 2 1/2 inch jelly rolls. Instead I wanted to use a (42 piece) 10" layer cake I just brought. There was only 2 or 3 prints that I liked, the rest was ugly as far as I was concerned. Will never buy another layer cake. I recommend cutting your own 10 inch squares. The jelly rolls you can kind of see what you are getting before buying but only makes a 6 1/2 square.
So using my layer cake squares, I cut my center 3 inch sq, then added 2 (3" by 3 1/2" long)sewn on each side of the 3 inch sq. On each side of this I cut 2 ( 3 1/2 wide by 10")to go on either side of the center strip and then trimmed the ends off. Now I snowball the top left and bottom right with 3 1/2 white squares with line drawn through the centers, sewn and cut off the corner leaving 1/4 inch seam. This makes an almost 9 inch square. Put these rows together so that you end up with the snowballed ends making a square too.
Hope I haven't confused you too much. I will add an inner 2 1/2 inch border and 5 1/2 inch outer border. You may want to try this quilt.
Sandy$
Old November 25th 15, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann[_2_]

If the pattern originally called for 2.5" strips, how did it handle the center square, which in your version starts at 3"?

(I don't buy precuts, but I do adapt patterns.)

Nann

Old November 25th 15, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Nann,
How I got the 3 inch center is because I inlarged the pattern, yet would fit within my layer cakes which are 10 inches sq. I did not use 2 1/2 inch squares like the pattern called for. Hope you can understand what I did.
Sandy$
Old November 26th 15, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann[_2_]

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 9:43:47 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello Nann,
How I got the 3 inch center is because I inlarged the pattern, yet would fit within my layer cakes which are 10 inches sq. I did not use 2 1/2 inch squares like the pattern called for. Hope you can understand what I did.
Sandy$

Makes sense!

Nann

OT - this is cool - Flutterby DiMa[_2_] Quilting 6 September 13th 09 09:07 PM
Flutterby Patch Edna Yarn 2 June 11th 09 01:41 PM
Any one wanna chat? Quilt Show, Quilt Police Free room Bronnie Quilting 2 March 31st 09 06:22 PM
Anyone wanna chat -- Quilt Show room Quilt Police free Bronnie Quilting 0 March 26th 08 06:31 AM
Chat now in Quilt Show - Quilt Police Free Room Bronnie Quilting 4 March 24th 08 08:43 PM