The thing I hate the most about quilting is .......

Old November 17th 11, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default The thing I hate the most about quilting is .......

I paint myself into that sort of corner sometimes too. A while back I had
put together a fishy quilt top and decided Os or bubbles would be just
perfect for the quilting. True but oh my golly what a long, long time it
took to go O O O. Leslie, I feel your pain. Polly

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." in part When I finally finish the quilt
top, get it sandwiched and basted and
ready to quilt I am all excited and enthusiastic to start the machine
quilting. The first two or three blocks get quilted to death. Then
I run out of time or just want it DONE and I start cussing myself for
starting out with such a huge amount of dense quilting because I have
to continue that standard in the remainder of the quilt. grrr!

Yep. I'm in that "what the heck was I thinking that not one square
1/4 in. should be without quilting stitches???" right now. And I need
this quilt to be finished- like now. Or by Sunday.

Old November 17th 11, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Roberta -- I know you will be cursing the very idea of water before your project is done, but I love the idea of a quilt with the names of the Earth's rivers all over it. Photos???? Please???? I really can't wait to see it. What's the design of the blocks?? Very exciting.

Sunny
Old November 18th 11, 12:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

This is the project that has occupied my time for the past 5 weeks.
Our organization's annual friendship quilt to be raffled next March
for charity. Therefore I did not make the blocks myself (big heavy
sigh here for some of those blocks, god love 'em!) It's my job to find
a way to put it all together. This year's theme was Sweet Water: the
organization is in the middle of a fundraising project to collect at
least $80,000 for building wells in Cambodia. (info here -click on
Target project: http://www.fawcofoundation.org/fundraising/index.htm)

You can see photos of past friendship quilts he
http://www.fawcofoundation.org/index...6&It emid=143

For this year's quilt, I decided to inset all the blocks into a
wholecloth piece. This gives variable "sashing" of blue background
fabric between the blocks. I filled in some of the gaps with a silver
outline of a little Cambodian girl next to a well. the quilting is
going OK, although I need a long break after 30 minutes. Would be much
easier on a longarm! It's tough to do "handwriting" all the way down
the middle, and I can't do it in other directions and still be legible
:-) enough whining, time to get back to work!

And sorry, no photos yet. I hope to get it up on the website by the
end of the year.
Roberta in D

I hate it when.. Chaddock Beads 4 November 4th 08 07:13 AM
What one thing made your quilting life better in 2006? hfw Quilting 17 January 4th 07 02:16 PM
I hate Over-Two! Karen C - California Needlework 3 November 26th 06 09:16 PM
Pigeon Forge, TN quilting thing? lisa skeen Quilting 13 February 10th 06 08:29 PM
ARGH! I hate it when . . . Kandice Seeber Beads 0 September 1st 03 10:29 PM