Intro - let's try this again

Old May 14th 04, 01:08 PM
norma woods

Hi Michaela, welcome to the group

--
Star love,
Norma
PM OES

Old May 15th 04, 03:40 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:25:06 -0700, Els van Dam wrote:

In article , "Michaela"
wrote:

Sorry, something went wrong
Anyway, as I was saying, I have been reading this newsgroup for a while.

I learned how to knit at school in Germany, when I was 8 years old, and have
knitted ever since.

Just in the past year, I have actually thought about making some money with
my skill, and have approached my kids school, to start a Knitting Club.
That is going so well, that I talked to someone at the local college to
offer a knitting course for adults. And they liked the idea, AND they will
PAY me for it!!! Imagine that. I am still in shock.

I was thinking of a hat and a keyhole scarf as a fist project (with Boa
yarn), but now decided to teach the stitches on different yarn first.
I am trying to think of a catchy name for it all.

At the Knitting Club, we are winding down, and our last project is going to
be "Kool-Aid" Dyed Wool, and the kids will knit a hat and scarf with it.

Personally, I am working on a kazillion things, but my "Dancing Vines"
sweater is almost finished.

That's it, and I really like this newsgroup and all the interesting ideas
and links I got from here.

Michaela ( in Canada)

NOW I hit the send button!

Michaela, in Canada.....(smiling)

Welcome, Michaela!
I've taught as well and it's SO satisfying!!
Noreen
in Central TN (Tennessee) USA...
Old May 15th 04, 04:35 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Michaela - welcome to the group - I hope you keep us posted with all your
projects - especially the teaching at the college - sounds like fun God
Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Michaela" wrote in message
[...]

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Old May 15th 04, 04:40 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Hallo Michaela
mirjam

Old May 15th 04, 09:55 PM
Aud

Hi, Michaela!Welcome!!
AUD from Norway,
who also learned knitting as a child,
every boy and girl learn it at school here.
I am one of their teachers;-))

Old May 16th 04, 12:20 PM
Elizabeth

Hi Michaela

I learned to knit at school too, I can't remember how old I was but I must
have been 7 or 8. I'm in England

Welcome to the group, it's nice to hear from you

Liz

Old May 19th 04, 09:39 PM
Kayrun

Welcome!
We are glad you're here!
I'd love to see a pic of your
Dancing Vines swtr when it's
finished....
Also,
I'd love to teach knitting at a
local college....what a grand
idea! (and could bring in
a few extra bucks for yarn
that way, LOL!)
How do you decide what to
charge? Or did the college
just set a fee?
Just curious,
Karen G.

Re-delurk and intro BeadedFufuberrie Beads 18 November 18th 04 06:27 PM
a proper intro? -- long Peggy Beads 37 September 27th 04 07:47 PM
Intro and newbie question *~Candygrrl~* Beads 26 September 21st 04 06:04 PM
Intro Michaela Yarn 2 May 15th 04 03:41 AM
AD: lutrick lampwork beads and an intro llutrick Beads 6 March 31st 04 09:08 PM