sunday am coffee and blogs

Old May 16th 04, 04:57 PM
Llaurie

Default sunday am coffee and blogs

I've been working like crazy finishing up all the projects that i have to
take to my family in Victoria next week. So this morning i decided to take a
break and read knitting blogs. I found some very cool sites! In this small
town there are no knitting groups that i can find - reading the blogs
reminds me i am part of a community - the knitting community! ( well fibre
arts community really)
laurie

Old May 16th 04, 05:50 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 16 May 2004 15:57:58 GMT, Llaurie wrote:

I've been working like crazy finishing up all the projects that i have to
take to my family in Victoria next week. So this morning i decided to take a
break and read knitting blogs. I found some very cool sites! In this small
town there are no knitting groups that i can find - reading the blogs
reminds me i am part of a community - the knitting community! ( well fibre
arts community really)
laurie

OMGosh, Laurie, I did the same thing this morning, after updating my own
BlogS !! (you don't want to know how many I have!!)
Noreen
Old May 16th 04, 06:18 PM
Maggs K

Are you in Victoria? I will be visiting there in sept...... is there any
place in particular i should plan to see???? Thanks, Maggie

Old May 16th 04, 09:16 PM
Llaurie

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 May 2004 15:57:58 GMT, Llaurie wrote:

I've been working like crazy finishing up all the projects that i have

take to my family in Victoria next week. So this morning i decided to

take a
break and read knitting blogs. I found some very cool sites! In this

small
town there are no knitting groups that i can find - reading the blogs
reminds me i am part of a community - the knitting community! ( well

fibre
arts community really)
laurie

OMGosh, Laurie, I did the same thing this morning, after updating my own
BlogS !! (you don't want to know how many I have!!)
Noreen

I think it was your blog that was the first knitting blog i'd ever read
Noreen...and now i'm hooked :
We fibre peeps sure are a variagated ( ;) bunch - bloggers have everything
from knittersagainstbush to fab art works
I meant to put in this link
http://www.ashesandsnow.org/home.html
Its not knitting related..but its so beautiful..prolly a bit laggy for
slower connections but i've been listening to it all am
laurie
almost finished the 4th hoody of the week

Old May 16th 04, 09:27 PM
Llaurie

"Maggs K" wrote in message
Are you in Victoria? I will be visiting there in sept...... is there any
place in particular i should plan to see???? Thanks, Maggie

I live in Kamloops BC right now Maggie but i've lived in Victoria for a
total of hmm 15 years i guess. My kids and grandkids ( and exes ! lol) live
there. Heres a link to the tourism page
http://www.tourismvictoria.com/
I would recommend the museum as the over best thing...even if you arent a
'museum' type. Its excellent no matter what age you are or what interests
you have.We are going to the Egyptian Tour which is there at present as my
SO's 10 yr old son is very very intereseted in Egypt. But whatever the
exhibit its a great museum. I havent been to the Imax there but we will be
this time.
The tourism page will show you all kinds of neat stuff.
The best lys in my opinion is
http://www.beehivewool.com/beehive-wool.htm
Easy to find too. Email me off list if you want more than this Maggie .
Are you driving? Will you be coming through the interior?
laurie

Old May 17th 04, 01:40 AM
Els van Dam

"Llaurie" wrote in message
I've been working like crazy finishing up all the projects that i have to
take to my family in Victoria next week. So this morning i decided to take

break and read knitting blogs. I found some very cool sites! In this small
town there are no knitting groups that i can find - reading the blogs
reminds me i am part of a community - the knitting community! ( well fibre
arts community really)
laurie

Laurie, we should meet for coffee or fish and cips at the fishermands
warf, we could feed the seals, or go and see the painting show in the
gallery

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old May 17th 04, 11:59 PM
Llaurie

"Llaurie" wrote in message
I've been working like crazy finishing up all the projects that i have

take to my family in Victoria next week. So this morning i decided to

take
break and read knitting blogs. I found some very cool sites! In this

small
town there are no knitting groups that i can find - reading the blogs
reminds me i am part of a community - the knitting community! ( well

fibre
arts community really)
laurie

Laurie, we should meet for coffee or fish and cips at the fishermands
warf, we could feed the seals, or go and see the painting show in the
gallery

Els

--
hate spam not welcome

This sounds fun Els...but this visit i can't fit it in! My brother is
getting married - the only free time i have is taken up by going to the
museum. However i do get down to Vic every couple of months so i'd like a
raincheck!
laurie

Old May 18th 04, 04:04 AM
Els van Dam

In article %sbqc.486539$Pk3.418367@pd7tw1no, "Llaurie"
wrote:

This sounds fun Els...but this visit i can't fit it in! My brother is
getting married - the only free time i have is taken up by going to the
museum. However i do get down to Vic every couple of months so i'd like a
raincheck!
laurie

Sounds good, let me know when you come down anytime and we could meet

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old May 18th 04, 04:34 AM
Llaurie

wrote:

This sounds fun Els...but this visit i can't fit it in! My brother is
getting married - the only free time i have is taken up by going to the
museum. However i do get down to Vic every couple of months so i'd like

raincheck!
laurie

Sounds good, let me know when you come down anytime and we could meet

Els

--
hate spam not welcome

Great! I neglected to mention we'll be staying in Sooke at my sons..if you
are near there maybe we could meet..otherwise i have to borrow someones car
which is what i think would be the problem time wise.
laurie

Old May 18th 04, 11:35 PM
Els van Dam

wrote:

This sounds fun Els...but this visit i can't fit it in! My brother is
getting married - the only free time i have is taken up by going to the
museum. However i do get down to Vic every couple of months so i'd like

raincheck!
laurie

Sounds good, let me know when you come down anytime and we could meet

Els

--
hate spam not welcome

Great! I neglected to mention we'll be staying in Sooke at my sons..if you
are near there maybe we could meet..otherwise i have to borrow someones car
which is what i think would be the problem time wise.
laurie

Laurie we will work something out, I live in Millbay, just over the
Malahat, and no I do not drive, dizzy dame I am...LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome