OT 35% elected ..............

Old May 31st 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default OT 35% elected ..............

After a heated campaign , with nominees photos being shown on TV , the
elections ended with ,,,,,,,, the HOP bird being elected to be our
national bird.
She got 35% of the votes !!!! next nominnee got only 10 ........
mirjam
Old May 31st 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On May 31, 6:24*am, wrote:
After a heated campaign , with nominees photos being shown on TV , the
elections ended with ,,,,,,,, the HOP bird being elected to be our
national bird.
She got 35% of the votes !!!! next nominnee got only 10 ........
mirjam

Correction , her ENGLISH NAME IS HOOPOE , Her Dutch Name is HOP and
her Hebrew Biblical name is DUCHIPHAT !!!!!
Old May 31st 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On May 31, 4:26*pm, "YarnWright" wrote:
---

Mirjam . .
Has Israel not had a National bird until now? *Or do you elect a new national bird every
few years?
I am giggling to myself, thinking of the Polish national bird, which IS an Eagle, but
LOOKS like a CHICKEN, grin!
Hugs,
Noreen

--http://www.lulu.com/yarnwrighthttp://yarnwright.etsy.comhttp://yarnwright.comhttp://noreensknitche.comhttp://noreensknitche.weblogs.ushttp://optional-knitting.comhttp://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 080531-0, 05/31/2008
Tested: 5/31/2008 8:26:56 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006http://www.avast.com

Noreen we DIDN`t have a National bird till now , although we have many
resident birds
and that fly over us twice a years , thus NOW we have the Hoopoe !!!
And she is very Elegant !!!
mirjam
Old June 1st 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
vanmier[_2_]

Was it George Washington or Thomas Jefferson that wanted the wild
turkey *chuckle* for the national bird? I forget.

Christy

.
Mirjam,
How wonderful for Israel then, to finally HAVE a National Bird, and
yes, she IS elegant,
I looked her up!
Congratulations!
Much love,
Noreen

(who just had another funny thought regarding the USA's eagle, but
it's a long drawn-out
story....!)

again, huge congrats from me to you and all of Israel!

Old June 1st 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia[_3_]

Benjamin Franklin.

(Don't ask me how I know that.)

Georgia
www.georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htm

m...

Old June 1st 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
vanmier[_2_]

Thanks Georgia and Noreen!

I'm not very good at remembering Presidents and history. *lol*

I believe that it was said that he thought the wild turkey was a more
nobler creature than the bald eagle. I do agree that he had a warped
sense of humour!

Christy

Old June 2nd 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Here the Turkey is called Tarnegol Hodi= Indian [as from India]
Hen ,
In Dutch he is called kalkoen which really is made of Kalkata +Haan
The Hen from Kalkata ......
we used to grow them
mirjam