Is there a place for antique quilt-frames?

Old September 18th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
flash

Default Is there a place for antique quilt-frames?

Is there a place in this world of sewing machines for an antique quilting
frame?

I am moving to smaller qarters, and I have my Great-Grandmother's quilting
frame to "do something with". It is about 8 feet long, and sets up at about
three feet wide or so. I remenber "during the war", Grandma and another six
or seven ladies of the country village where we lived spending evenings
around it, quilting and listening to the war news on the old Philco.

Mabe someone would know if there is a market for such, and if so, how would
I contact that market? This thing is probably 125 yrs old, and I don't want
to give it away where it would not be appreciated for its venerable age and
usefulness.

Thanks, and if there is any interest, please contact me at

flash60601 "at" embarqmail "dot" com

Thanks,

Flash

Old September 19th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mystified One[_2_]

Hmm...

I wouldn't mind it, but don't have a way of swiping it from you.

There ought to be some historical groups in your area. Maybe the DAR??

Old September 19th 07, 07:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 18:26:08 -0400, "flash"
wrote:

Is there a place in this world of sewing machines for an antique quilting
frame?

Flash

Check with small local museums, quilt guilds, or local library.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

quilt photo frames Anne Rogers[_2_] Quilting 8 May 5th 07 08:51 PM
quilt frames Claudia Tenold Quilting 1 April 8th 06 01:13 AM
Cheapest place to buy "Electric Quilt 5"? Paul Hutchings Quilting 8 January 31st 04 08:16 PM
Quilt display frames John Gallagher Quilting 14 September 26th 03 08:45 PM
Hinterberg quilt frames Bonnie Quilting 7 August 31st 03 12:25 AM