OT getting designs made into fabrics

Old February 14th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
D Curtis

Default OT getting designs made into fabrics

One of the fine people I have met on Etsy is a gal whose graphic designs
would translate well into fabric. She hasnt a clue how to even start
making this happen. What is the first step? Who can she contact and talk
to about getting her designs into the right hands? Does anyone here know??
If you are curious to see the designs she has done that everyone is
raving about go to Etsy.com and search under username .. Ingero .
NAYY
I appreciate any help you can pass my way to her. Thank you so much!
Diana, waving to friends old and new around the cyber quilting frame
Old February 15th 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I would suggest Robbi Eklow (Chicago School of Fusing) for fused
applique- that would be the easiest for a beginner and it would
translate well to her style. Her work is kinda along the lines of
Velda Newman, too. Both quilters have written books on how-to. There
is also the stained glass technique with fusing and (fusible) bias
tape- I think that is another option for her. Creating the quilt top
should be fairly easy for her to learn and pull off sucessfully, but
her work deserves some really great quilting- she might want to
consider sending it out to a talented longarm quilter. I really,
really like her work and you are so correct- it would make amazing
quilts.

And welcome back (again!)! How's your life going?

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old February 15th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
D Curtis

Its going ok, thanks. Im keeping busy, and having fun. Life feels
pretty darn good.
Thank you for the advice, I'll pass it along to her. Thanks for taking
the time to look. Im so tickled to know such a fab artist.
Hugs,
Di
http://duet.etsy.com

Old February 15th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
D Curtis

Thats the right attitude, it cant hurt. Nothing ventured, nothing
gained. Thank you Mini!
Di

http://duet.etsy.com

mini Mini wrote:
D Curtis wrote in
:

One of the fine people I have met on Etsy is a gal whose graphic
designs would translate well into fabric. She hasnt a clue how to even
start making this happen. What is the first step? Who can she contact
and talk to about getting her designs into the right hands? Does
anyone here know?? If you are curious to see the designs she has done
that everyone is raving about go to Etsy.com and search under username
.. Ingero . NAYY
I appreciate any help you can pass my way to her. Thank you so much!
Diana, waving to friends old and new around the cyber quilting frame

She might consider contacting Free Spirit fabrics. They picked up Prints
Charming fabric collection recently. Granted, Prints Charming were already
making fabric. But I think her style would be welcome at Free Spirit.
It can't hurt, right?

Old February 15th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Well, shoot! I thought she wanted to make her designs into quilts...
Do I have a one track mind or what? Sorry for the
misunderstanding.... and mis-information.

Leslie, The Red-Faced & The Furbabies in MO.

On Feb 15, 11:41 am, D Curtis wrote:
Thats the right attitude, it cant hurt. Nothing ventured, nothing
gained. Thank you Mini!
Di

http://duet.etsy.com

mini Mini wrote:
D Curtis wrote in
t:

One of the fine people I have met on Etsy is a gal whose graphic
designs would translate well into fabric. She hasnt a clue how to even
start making this happen. What is the first step? Who can she contact
and talk to about getting her designs into the right hands? Does
anyone here know?? If you are curious to see the designs she has done
that everyone is raving about go to Etsy.com and search under username
.. Ingero . NAYY
I appreciate any help you can pass my way to her. Thank you so much!
Diana, waving to friends old and new around the cyber quilting frame

She might consider contacting Free Spirit fabrics. They picked up Prints
Charming fabric collection recently. Granted, Prints Charming were already
making fabric. But I think her style would be welcome at Free Spirit.
It can't hurt, right?- Hide quoted text -

Old February 16th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
D Curtis

Oh, thats fine, Leslie. Its really ME that wants to take her designs,
whether in fabric or not, and make it into quilts. Im glad you saw that
potential too.
Diana
http://duet.etsy.com

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
Well, shoot! I thought she wanted to make her designs into quilts...
Do I have a one track mind or what? Sorry for the
misunderstanding.... and mis-information.

Leslie, The Red-Faced & The Furbabies in MO.

On Feb 15, 11:41 am, D Curtis wrote:
Thats the right attitude, it cant hurt. Nothing ventured, nothing
gained. Thank you Mini!
Di

http://duet.etsy.com

Hand made chains pasternak Findings - Jewelry findings Jewelry 0 November 30th 06 02:58 AM
FA: Baltimore Bride's Quilt Designs by Doreen Saunders 1993 Number1Fred Marketplace 0 October 12th 06 10:18 PM
Trip to Hoffman Fabrics Taria Quilting 9 June 14th 04 04:31 AM
Knitting, macrame, basketry, crochet, plastic canvas booklets for sale lisa Marketplace 0 June 8th 04 12:38 AM
designs that make my heart go pitter patter (warning...long musings,I got kinda lost in it!) Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen Needlework 15 November 4th 03 07:05 PM