Wow, Fran! Gorgeous beads and website!!!

Old January 13th 05, 02:48 PM
Su/Cutworks

Default Wow, Fran! Gorgeous beads and website!!!

I just received Fran Lizardi's newsletter announcing her new website and new
beads.

WOW.

It's just gorgeous, the website and the beads.... yummy. She has some
knotted jewellery too on the site. I am resisting, I am resisting, Mike
will kill me, I am resisting.

Here's the link:
http://www.deepwoodart.com/index.html

Not affiliated with Fran other than in a deep, soulful way involving my love
of her beads.

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman on JustBeads:

Old January 13th 05, 06:25 PM
Dr. Sooz

DAMN.

Why doesn't Bead & Button do an article on that woman?!?

Old January 13th 05, 06:58 PM
Kandice Seeber

I totally agree! Fran, if you're reading this - you rock!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old January 13th 05, 09:01 PM
Su/Cutworks

Sooz wrote:

DAMN.

Why doesn't Bead & Button do an article on that woman?!?

Good question, I guess someone should write to B&B and ask.

-Su

Old January 13th 05, 09:42 PM
Dr. Sooz

~~~~ Why doesn't Bead & Button do an article on that woman?!?

Good question, I guess someone should write to B&B and ask.~~~~
Or a bunch of us should. They'd have to pay attention then.....

Old January 14th 05, 02:57 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

usually their beadmaker profiles are written and then purchased by the mag.
They rarely commission a profile.

I know this because I've been e-mailing with Mindy Brooks regarding article
ideas and such. I"m working on an article regarding Seminole Tribe of FL
patterns and their translation into beadwork.

B.

oups.com...

Old January 14th 05, 05:13 PM
Dr. Sooz

Wait -- does that mean that the content of B&B feature articles is
determined by unsolicited writer submissions? That seems a rather
scatter-shot way to run a magazine. Don't the editors have more
control than that?

I've never heard of a magazine being run that way. (I've written
articles for mags, not just totally green here.) I don't mean to
challenge what you said at all, Barb -- I'm just stunned.

Old January 17th 05, 05:40 AM
Kalera Stratton

Su/Cutworks wrote:
I just received Fran Lizardi's newsletter announcing her new website and new
beads.

WOW.

It's just gorgeous, the website and the beads.... yummy. She has some
knotted jewellery too on the site. I am resisting, I am resisting, Mike
will kill me, I am resisting.

Here's the link:
http://www.deepwoodart.com/index.html

Not affiliated with Fran other than in a deep, soulful way involving my love
of her beads.

-Su

Wow, the beads are gorgeous (of course!) but the website is also elegant
and perfect... I love it!
Old January 17th 05, 05:43 AM
Kalera Stratton

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Wait -- does that mean that the content of B&B feature articles is
determined by unsolicited writer submissions? That seems a rather
scatter-shot way to run a magazine. Don't the editors have more
control than that?

I've never heard of a magazine being run that way. (I've written
articles for mags, not just totally green here.) I don't mean to
challenge what you said at all, Barb -- I'm just stunned.

~~~usually their beadmaker profiles are written and then purchased by
the mag. They rarely commission a profile.~~~

I've known a few to operate that way. It depends heavily on having
enough pull to receive a large number of submissions each month. Then,
the regular columns are written by staff writers, and the feature
articles are largely unsolicited submissions that follow their
submission guidelines, which are updated monthly.
Old January 17th 05, 09:33 PM
Kandice Seeber

Oh. My. God.

Fran's beads on ebay end tonight - you ***must*** look.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs