OT Been busy...

Old October 5th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default OT Been busy...

On Oct 1, 11:09 am, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 30, 9:27 am, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking

No headaches coming home, however I *did* get myself a nasty cold as of
yesterday afternoon. No big surprise really! Other years when I've
worked
with them I have come down with colds too... it's that time of the year
when
you aren't sure exactly how to dress. So today I go to work *with* a
headache already from the cold, and a nose that refuses to stop running.
ARGH Oh well, at least it's the last day... so when I come home the
cold
can live out the rest of it's run with me camping out on the sofa with
juice, tea, water, a box of tissues (or a bucket hanging under my nose,
as
my Mom used to say. LOL) and my comfortghan from all of you to keep me
toasty warm. ;o)

ANd if I were there, I would make you chicken soup!

Awww, thank you! )

When we got home I was feeling really horrible... not the cold so much (or
at least not totally), but the Fibromyalgia was rearing its ugly head. I
could barely move off the sofa the few times I needed to, to use the
washroom. My feet, legs, hips, and up into my back were bound right up on
me. That made me re-think whether I really want to try doing this *every*
weekend for the entire Fair season (end of April to end of September) next
year. Good thing I don't have to really commit to it now... they will give
us a call closer to the time to find out if we want to or can do it or
not... that way I can see how I've been feeling within the next six months
before saying yes or no. And who knows.. if I can manage to get the
Computer Graphics course going by then, and if Matthew has found another
part-time job by then... we may just be too busy to work the fairs every
weekend anyway, but still might do it one weekend every so often just for
some extra money.

My cold, which started out in my head, is still there but has started to
drop into my throat (good thing I don't need to talk much now) and I'm sure
it will be in my chest by tomorrow. I don't have any chicken, but I do
have cans of chicken noodle soup, so maybe I'll have some of that for lunch
today. ;o)

Actually, the canned soup is good, too.
Hope you feel better soon.

Higs,
Katherine

Old October 5th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Katherine" wrote in message
ups.com...

Actually, the canned soup is good, too.
Hope you feel better soon.

I'm feeling much better now, thank you! ) Still a cough and a bit of
stuffiness lingering, but other than that, I'm doing well. However... I'm
nicely getting over it and Matthew came down with it last night. He's laid
up on the sofa now all bundled up under the blankets (even though we're
having a heat wave today and tomorrow), barely able to speak, and all
stuffed up and sniffling. The cough hasn't set in yet... it has to work its
way down to that point over the next couple of days. I just hope his taste
buds work okay for the turkey dinner on Thanksgiving, otherwise he won't be
a happy camper at all. Oh well... get it now and get it out of the way...
hopefully. It's this changeable weather!

Our family doctor has it too... I hadn't seen him before I got it, so I
didn't catch it from him. I think I likely got mine being around all those
kids at the fair, kids do pass around germs more than anyone else, afterall.
;o) This particular strain of the cold is really knocking people out. No
matter that I fell asleep on the sofa while watching TV, when it came time
to go to bed I had absolutely no problem at all falling asleep. My doctor
said he is finding himself wanting to go to bed between 8 and 9 everynight.
And Matthew, who normally is up until all hours of the night (I think he
thinks he's part vampire... I *used* to be like that too when I was his
age), really fought with himself to stay up last night. I doubt that will
happen much over the next couple of days, as this cold will be knocking him
out.

*hugs*
Gem

Old October 5th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Oct 5, 10:31 am, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Poor Matthew! When a young man gives up, you know he is really sick!
I hope that you can both enjoy the turkey! I plan to enjoy mine. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old October 6th 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Katherine" wrote in message
ps.com...

Poor Matthew! When a young man gives up, you know he is really sick!
I hope that you can both enjoy the turkey! I plan to enjoy mine. g

My taste buds are working okay now... but I hope they are even better by
Monday to get the full flavours. I just went to the store today and bought
the turkey and all the fixings for the big meal. The turkey is frozen
solid, so instead of putting it in the freezer I just put it on the top
shelf of the refrigerator... I'm sure it will likely still be mostly frozen
when I'm ready to prepare it.

Have to admit though, my stomach felt a bit queasy tonight for some odd
reason. Could be the remainder of the cold kicking around, I suppose. I
hope that's long gone by Thanksgiving dinner on Monday.

Matthew spent most of the day on the sofa in front of the TV, but I got him
to go outside for about a half hour... just to sit on the deck in the sun
for a bit of fresh air and sunshine... considering it was *really* hot here
today and he needed some air and sunlight rather than being cooped up inside
the house. Most of the windows were opened, but there was no breeze at
all, so no worries about him getting any kind of draft at all. I made some
thick soup (adding rice to it, as Matthew doesn't care for thinner soup
much), even though we're in a heat wave, which really broke us both out in a
sweat. Matthew changed into short pajamas instead of his longer ones he had
been wearing last night, and sat at the computer to chat and play games...
no window open beside the computer so he was very hot. Tonight when he came
to watch wrestling he had changed back into his long pajamas again and laid
on the sofa covered up, even though I was sitting in a chair with the fan
turned on and directed at me... in my short pajamas. After wrestling he
went back to the computer to chat with his friends a bit more until he was
tired enough to go to sleep. It will be a few days before he's back on his
feet properly (thank goodness his two classes on Monday and Tuesday are put
off this coming week, it will give him extra time to clear his head). I'm
just glad that he is behaving himself and not being all macho in thinking he
can just go out hanging out with his friends late in the night even though
he's sick... he's actually not even thinking about it or moaning about it,
just staying home resting and keeping warm to try to get better properly.
Then again... most males do like to be pampered (not the diapers LOL)...
not babied so much, but tended to... when they are sick. My Mom used to
grin and say the same thing about my Dad when he was sick... but I can also
remember my Dad tending to my Mom (bringing her soup, tea, etc) when she
wasn't feeling well. )

*hugs*
Gem

OT - Been busy Not Likely Yarn 6 September 2nd 07 11:27 PM
Busy busy ... quilting! -long- Pat in Virginia Quilting 3 July 19th 06 08:09 AM
Sorry , I've been busy Gwen Yarn 2 April 7th 06 03:06 AM
Ebay: busy busy busy!! marilyn safier Marketplace 0 August 5th 05 10:23 AM
I've been *BUSY* Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 10 December 17th 04 04:12 AM