newsgroup help

Old August 26th 03, 12:51 PM
Pami DeFraia

Default newsgroup help

I am getting this message when I attempt to use my newsgroups
........anyboody else experiencing problems?
Pami

Message is no longer available on the server
Outlook Express is unable to retrieve the requested message because the
server no longer has the message available.

----

News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space
available for newer articles.
IMAP servers can be accessed by multiple e-mail programs at the same time.
If you are using two programs to access your mail the list of messages maybe
out of date. Use the refresh command to update this list.

Outlook Express

Old August 26th 03, 03:12 PM
Diana Curtis

I get that all the time. Sometimes it means the message is old on the
server. Each server gets to decide how long a message will be available.
Mine keeps them about a week or a bit more. If there is a line through the
subject header thats what has happened. Google archives will still have it
but my server doesnt.
Sometimes tho it just means I walked away from the computer long enough that
the connection between my system and the newsgroup server was disconnected.
Clicking on the message again will fix that.
HTH
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old August 26th 03, 08:22 PM
Marilyn

I agree with Diana. Most of the time for me it is because I walked away too
long, I have found if I click on the one above or below the one I want, they
come up quickly then that seems to activate everything and I can read each
and every one of them.
Marilyn

Old August 27th 03, 02:44 AM
Polly Esther

Recently - last week, maybe - Mindspring / Earthlink went to a "new and
improved and faster" style and Forced me to reset everything. You may have
to do that. It is possible but annoying. Polly