lost needle

Old October 1st 10, 06:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default lost needle

Has anyone found the needle I lost last night? It was a #26, threaded with
2 strands of DMC 728 Topaz. It seems to have run away from home.

I hope no one steps on it and gets hurt.

Lucille

Old October 1st 10, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

On Oct 1, 10:25*am, "Lucille" wrote:
Has anyone found the needle I lost last night? * It was a #26, threaded with
2 strands of DMC 728 Topaz. *It seems to have run away from home.

I hope no one steps on it and gets hurt.

Lucille

check the washing machine, that's where my last lost threaded needle
turned up. No idea how, as I'm pretty sure that particular load was
nowhere near where I lost it, but *shrug*

gl!
Old October 1st 10, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
KT in Mich

"Lynoth" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 10:25 am, "Lucille" wrote:
Has anyone found the needle I lost last night? It was a #26, threaded with
2 strands of DMC 728 Topaz. It seems to have run away from home.

I hope no one steps on it and gets hurt.

Lucille

I found it! Under the seat cushion where I was looking for a lost skein.
Found both. But the color on your needle changed to 823.

Kathy

Old October 1st 10, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"KT in Mich" wrote in message

"Lynoth" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 10:25 am, "Lucille" wrote:
Has anyone found the needle I lost last night? It was a #26, threaded
with
2 strands of DMC 728 Topaz. It seems to have run away from home.

I hope no one steps on it and gets hurt.

Lucille

I found it! Under the seat cushion where I was looking for a lost skein.
Found both. But the color on your needle changed to 823.

Kathy

At least now I can stop worrying about it doing any harm. I wonder how 823
will look in the piece I'm working on. Nope--not good.

Hopefully mine will decide to return home when it realizes how hard it is to
stay healthy out there in the hot, damp world. lol

Old October 2nd 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kalmia

Stuck into the shoulder of whatever you were wearing? I do that all
the time.

Tried the flashlight search of the carpet? I live in mortal fear of
finding it in the night with a bare foot. Knew a gal who had part of
a needle in her heel and had to Xray it ev..6 mos. to assure that it
wasn't traveling.
Old October 2nd 10, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Chemiker

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:25:32 -0400, "Lucille"
wrote:

Has anyone found the needle I lost last night? It was a #26, threaded with
2 strands of DMC 728 Topaz. It seems to have run away from home.

I hope no one steps on it and gets hurt.

Lucille

Under the chair, dear. On your left side, near the side table where
your glass of wine was. Done this more times than I can tell. They
follow the cuff of the sleeve reaching for the wine glass.

Alex G who has stepped on one or two..
Old October 2nd 10, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joy Beeson

DH came home from the hardware store saying "this is totally useless,
but it is so cute that I had to buy it." It's a powerful magnet in a
case, with a handle for sweeping it over the floor, and another handle
that pulls the magnet away from the end of the case to make it drop
whatever you have found.

I nabbed it.

My Grabbit pincushion works too: scrape all the pins off onto the
ironing board, sweep it around, listen for the click.

Then say "that's not the one I dropped!" and sweep some more.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
Old October 2nd 10, 11:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/1/10 1:25 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

Has anyone found the needle I lost last night? It was a #26, threaded with
2 strands of DMC 728 Topaz. It seems to have run away from home.

I hope no one steps on it and gets hurt.

Lucille

Sure hope Puff doesn't find it first

How long a piece of floss?

Try your jeans pocket!

Old October 2nd 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Joy Beeson" wrote in message

DH came home from the hardware store saying "this is totally useless,
but it is so cute that I had to buy it." It's a powerful magnet in a
case, with a handle for sweeping it over the floor, and another handle
that pulls the magnet away from the end of the case to make it drop
whatever you have found.

I nabbed it.

My Grabbit pincushion works too: scrape all the pins off onto the
ironing board, sweep it around, listen for the click.

Then say "that's not the one I dropped!" and sweep some more.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/
The above message is a Usenet post.

I did the magnet bit and picked up a straight pin, but not the needle. It's
either buried in the cushion or it really did run away from home.

Old October 2nd 10, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 10/1/10 1:25 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

Has anyone found the needle I lost last night? It was a #26, threaded
with
2 strands of DMC 728 Topaz. It seems to have run away from home.

I hope no one steps on it and gets hurt.

Lucille

Sure hope Puff doesn't find it first

How long a piece of floss?

Try your jeans pocket!

It did have a long thread and is either buried in the carpet, or in the
cushion. Puff won't touch it and it's unlikely that he would get it in his
foot. He knows not to touch any of my needlework stuff and will sidestep it
like it's going to hurt him. Maybe that's because he got yelled at so many
times when he was a pup that he thinks it's the devil.

Was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, both of which went into the washing
machine. Checked there and it wasn't there.

I've given up. Either it will turn up in my foot, hopefully still with the
thread, or it's gone forever.