Canvas work "signing"

Old June 29th 12, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

Default Canvas work "signing"

Y'know, after I did the canvas pieces this past year, I realized I
didn't put my usual initials/date on the pieces, because there's really
no place to do that. I guess I'll just have to write on the back of the
framing.

How do those of you who do canvaswork "sign" your pieces?

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown
Old June 29th 12, 09:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

Joan,

I do exactly what you're planning on doing. I print out the pertinent info and include it in an envelope taped to the back.

I've yet to complete a canvas piece where I felt adding my initials on the front would be appropriate. Funny, isn't it?

Donna in Virginia

Old July 3rd 12, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Friday, June 29, 2012 5:07:19 PM UTC+3, ndjoan wrote:

I never sign in the front of my fiberart work , but add an embroidered piece of cloth on the back
mirjam
www.fibersiv.net
Old July 3rd 12, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joy Beeson

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:07:19 -0500, ndjoan
wrote:

How do those of you who do canvaswork "sign" your pieces?

I sometimes sign sewn-fabric work with fly-stitch letters (two facing
for an o, one off-center for a j, one fly stitch and one straight
stitch for b and d, etc.) worked in sewing thread. It seems to me
that fly stitch sewn "rocker" style (i.e., not stab stitch) could be
worked into the yarns on the back of canvas work.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Any advertisement linked to one of my words
was linked without my permission
and is probably a scam.
Old July 11th 12, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

Thanks for all the ideas, everyone. I will have to ponder which way
would be best for me.