My Happy Dance

Old October 23rd 03, 02:54 AM
Sindir

Default My Happy Dance

Well, my first ever quilt is done!!! My binding looks pretty good in the
front, but if you turn it over it's pretty uneven. The stitching leaves
something to be desired. I machine stitched the front half and then turned
it and finished it by hand. I'm sure I'll get better at that as I learn
more. All in all, it's pretty good. It's for my little boy who is 2.5. He
won't care what the stitching looks like as long as he can lay with it
finally. There is one spot on the front that somehow came out of the edge,
so I hand stitched that to make it stay. I wasn't about to rip out the
entire seam for a second time. Like I said, for a first quilt it looks
pretty good.

I'll post pictures of it as soon as I get my film developed.

Old October 23rd 03, 03:00 AM
Sharon Harper

Yaaaay. Aren't kiddlets great - they don't care what it looks like 'cause
it's THEIRS!! I'm sure it looks great and I can't wait to see it. Happy
dancin' in the rain for y'all!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old October 23rd 03, 03:22 AM
Elena

Hooray!! Doing the two step in Texas for you. Congratulations. I can't wait
to see the pictures.

Elena in Tx

Old October 23rd 03, 03:45 AM
frood

Quit putting yourself down! Finished is better than perfect. Finished is
excellent! Mungo the wonder dog is joining me in this Happy Dance cuz it's
past Giles and Spike's bedtime.

Woo Hoo!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old October 23rd 03, 03:50 AM
Sindir

I'm not putting myself down. I love it and I don't care what anyone thinks
as to how the finished product looks. I actually finished something I
started and I'm not tired of it. That says A LOT!!

Either way, to my boy it will be perfect. Every night that I've worked on
it in front of him he's layed down on it and been wonderfully content
(amidst the day of screaming he put me through). He only got mad again when
I made him get off. No more of that though, it's all his!

Old October 23rd 03, 06:23 AM
Diana Curtis

Happy Dancing for you, for your first EVER quilt being finished, hooray!!!!
What a wonderful moment to savor! Im so happy to know your little one loves
it. Thats the greatest feeling in the world.
Cant wait to see pictures,
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old October 23rd 03, 01:12 PM
Polly Esther

Happy dancin' for you in the Swamp - waking up birds, gators, one mama
possum and a couple of wild hares. Happy, happy. Good for you. Polly

"Sindir" wrote

Old October 23rd 03, 01:32 PM
Jan Dunaway

Yahoo!! Dancing in the midwest with you!! :-)

Jan

Old October 23rd 03, 01:53 PM
Susan Laity Price

Congratulations for understanding that your first quilt might not be a
masterpiece but it is a step in the right direction. I always tell my
beginning students to make several 45" by 60" quilts right away before
they forget what they learned in class. They shouldn't worry about
making them for a special person, just get them made and donate them
to charity so they won't have to see them in the future and see that
little mistake that no one else will notice.

So many students feel they must justify everything they make as being
for some special purpose. If they were learning to play tennis they
would spend time hitting the ball against a wall just to get the feel
of the game. Think of your first three quilts just like that. After
three quilts most students begin to see how the puzzle fits together.
Then they can start making quilts for people they know. The ones
donated to charity usually look OK and those that receive them think
they are wonderful. We are usually too critical of our own work.

Susan

Old October 23rd 03, 03:50 PM
Anne

In honor of your very first ever quilt:
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/images/annedance.gif

--
Anne in CA, waiting with bated breath for the pictures ...
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow