what is everyone working on?

Old January 4th 05, 02:00 PM
Beadseeker

Default what is everyone working on?

I've been taking a break from designing, but will get back to it as soon as my
Soft Flex order arrives. I'm curious - what projects is everyone working on?
I'm planning on doing more healing bracelets with breast cancer pink ribbon
charms and donating 10% of the sales to the Susan G. Komen foundation, as I did
before Christmas. I'm also working on a glass order, it's so hard to decide
which colors to order, from Bullseye, I got a gift certificate for my
birthday.
Also, I'll have some sale dichro pendants up on my website. Have some cobalt
marquis pattern ones left over from a special order. My scanner has been acting
up.
I also will be doing another lampwork necklace using Susan Burwash's
pink-mauve beads. I sold the other one and have had several requests for
others.
That's what is going on here. Where is your muse taking you?
Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com
Old January 4th 05, 03:07 PM
Karen_AZ

I'm preparing for Tucson, filling in my "stock" trays and working on some
new goodies to introduce there. Also, for times when I can't torch, I'm
knitting a nice silk & wool scarf for Mike. It's pretty yarn, lightly
nubby-textured and the color of faded denim. I started knitting around
Thanksgiving, when DD asked for a lesson, and we've both had needles flying
ever since. A dear friend is about to become a grandma, so I made her a
gift set of baby socks, thumbless mittens and a cap. Today I'm heading over
to my LYS (local yarn store G) to sign up for a class in knitting beaded
socks. Nice integration of my two loves, huh?

I'm trying to convince myself to string some new jewelry for Tucson but so
far I'm uninspired. sigh

KarenK

Old January 4th 05, 05:43 PM
Helen C

A wooly worm/caterpiller bracelet in greens (odd green seeds and all my
mixed up green misc beads) So far, so good. Damn, these take a lot of
beads!

Later,

Helen C

Old January 4th 05, 06:52 PM
Mystified One

I'm trying to figure out how to replace the worn out leather watch band on
my Pooh Bear watch with a beaded band. I was going to try a toggle latch,
but now I'm thinking of doing an elastic band so that I just stretch it over
my hand.

Old January 4th 05, 07:16 PM
Diana Curtis

I'm working on shaking a cold and making a quilt while I ponder the choices
for a SJ kimono lady... and other things.. so.. the muse is busy, the tired
body is trying to rest.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 4th 05, 07:40 PM
Marisa Cappetta

I've finished a necklace along the lines of Imprial Ice on my site, but
smaller. I just finished a Sparkly Wheels bracelet in which I wove three
wheels together. I used tones of olive in seed beads and light green lustre
crystals. I adore the colours. I also made a pair of wheel earrings in
raspberry and purple iris. I am updating my site to include the new pieces
and also some pics of my latest work I photographed on a model. Other than
that I've put the beads aside to make some summer clothes, the weather
finally warmed up a little and I'm sewing like mad to catch up.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
www.galleryvittoria.com

Old January 4th 05, 10:29 PM
ally

Well I just got in the post the yummiest set of 5 pearlescent beads and
stick pearls from Emma. The beads are a good match for another set I
got before Christmas on ebay, and I have an idea for a mass of
pearlescent beads, pearls, crystals and stick pearls if I can get some
more reasonably somewhere.

I also have the promise of a few orders forthcoming which I am sorting
things out for.

In all its just as well cos the new year didnt start terribly well and
its keeping my mind off the old folks ill health again.
:-)
--
ally
website: www.alcom.demon.co.uk

Old January 5th 05, 01:02 AM
Diana Curtis

My condolences. It could be worse. Lots worse.
Im feeling better... I hope you will be too, very soon.
Hugs,
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 5th 05, 01:12 AM
Kathy N-V

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 8:00:29 -0500, Beadseeker wrote
(in message ):

I've been taking a break from designing, but will get back to it as soon as
my
Soft Flex order arrives. I'm curious - what projects is everyone working
on?

Lots and lots of different things. I made a half dozen give-away
bracelets last night, and a watchband using polymer clay beads.
Manda is planing on taking a whole slew of give away bracelets with
her when she goes to Spain, so I'm moving as quickly as I can. (She's
also taking postcards with photos of our town, so she can break the
ice when she meets local folk)

A dear friend has just been diagnosed with cancer, and her young
daughter wanted a "Live Strong" bracelet. Manda has a whole slew of
"Live Strong" bracelets we got just before they got so popular, and
I made a little charm for it out of Delicas. The charm has a heart on
the outside and says "Mom" on the side that can't be seen, so the
little girl can know that she wears the bracelet for Mom, but doesn't
have to explain it to the world. I'm also popping two pairs of
earrings in the package, one for the Mom and one for the daughter, so
they can feel a little more connected while Mom is in the hospital.

I'm trying all the different garnet and other gemstone combinations
we talked about, since my friend's birthday is on Sunday. There are
so many that are gorgeous, but since my friend is rather traditional,
I think I'll end up with the garnets and leopard jasper combination.
It's just a little funky, without attracting a whole lot of
attention. This is the same friend who just discovered the lampwrok
pieces I wear, so I am making her a very special bracelet with beads
I bought from Jeri (Beadbimbo).

After much experimentation, I've decided that my favorite new
gemstone shape is the puffed disc, which is like an M&M drilled along
the long axis (or a Smartie for non-US folks). It lays nice and flat
on the wrist for a bracelet, and isn't too heavy when used in an
earring, even in the larger sizes. A 12mm stone would feel like a
boulder on an earwire, but the puffed discs just look pretty. I made
myself a pretty little bracelet with blue goldstone puffed discs and
a bunch of matching bali, and it looks and feels wonderful. If I
have a moment tonight, I'll make a few more, so I can bunch them on
my arm.

The computer was acting up, so I installed the latest and greatest
operating system on it, and things seem fine again. It took a little
bit of time, though. (And Bob was pacing while I worked, because he
needed the computer for some work related spreadsheets) While I was
waiting for the CDs to do their thing, I gosspied on the phone with
my sister and strung a couple of bracelets to give at my doctor's
appointment on Thursday. The ladies there are on the big side, so my
normal give-away bracelets (which are usually 7 - 7-1/2 inches)
wouldn't be comfortable. These ones are a little over eight inches,
so they should be fine.

I also will be doing another lampwork necklace using Susan Burwash's
pink-mauve beads. I sold the other one and have had several requests for
others.

Oh yes - I forgot to take photos, but I finally made the necklace
with Susan's beads that she made in memory of her car. It's loaded
with Bali and those Austrian Crystals that cannot be named, and it
came out beautifully. Its a rare thing when I finish an item and
decide I love it just the way it is, but this necklace practically
made itself. The child has been threatened with horrible tortures if
she even thinks about wearing it to school. (She has a habit of
giving away jewelry she wears to school, so I'd rather she didn't
take the good stuff)

That's what is going on here. Where is your muse taking you?

Right now, I'm too busy with give away stuff to talk to my muse, but
she understands. She knows that there are people out there who
absolutely need a bracelet or a pair of earrings to cheer them up,
and is perfectly willing to sit back and let me do that before
embarking on more artistic endeavours.

Kathy N-V

P.S.: Manda made herself a tinfoil hat this afternoon, and is wearing
it while she does her homework. That way, the aliens can't interfere
while she tries to decipher chapter six of her calculus book. The
kid is definitely my daughter.

Working time Mothwoman Beads 44 September 15th 04 03:46 AM
Working with Boro starlia Beads 7 August 22nd 04 04:00 PM