Advice on what do I sew canvas with, ie thread and needle.

Old January 22nd 04, 04:42 PM
Trish Brown

Robert wrote:

I am new to this forum, I am also new to sewing. I would really
appreciate any info on what size thread and needle size to start out
with sewing 10 oz. canvas. I am looking into making canvas camping
tents.
I already have a commercial sewing machine that I am learning how to
use. It is similar to a juki ddl 8700. I am also looking into making
other things out of canvas. So any info or advice I would be greatful.
Thanks,
Robert

A friend of mine used to make camping tents, but her market always dried up in
the winter time. I suggested that she visit our local Pony Clubs and take orders
for making horse rugs. She did and made a *fortune*! You might want to consider
this too!? ;-D

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Old January 22nd 04, 07:37 PM
Ron Anderson

That machine is not really intended for canvas work, a bit light, no walking
foot. But you should be able to use up to a size 21 needle with no problem
and up to size 99 thread.

--
Ron Anderson
A1 Sewing Machine