Something wonderful . . .

Old December 13th 03, 07:14 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Default Something wonderful . . .

is going to happen January 15th. For all you stitchers who do all
manner of needlework.

A very special e-zine is coming. A *real* magazine on line . . . not
your usual e-zine. Not an email list.

So get through the holidays, and mid January, when the snow is up the
side of the house, and the icycles are 3 feet long . . . or the heat is
getting to you down under and there's no more celebrating . . . you can
look forward to something fresh.

I'll explain more the first of January . . . but wanted to whet your
appetite. :-)

Old December 13th 03, 08:59 PM
Brenda Lewis

That's a great title. I can think of a few people who could use the
book. Good luck with the writing!

animaux wrote:
I should also announce I may be very busy next year as my one and only resolution is to
start writing my book. It will have a working title of; "When North Moves South: The
Garden Blunders We Make."

I've been gathering information for a few years and think I am up to the challenge. I'm
brand new in a body with no virus. What more can I ask...

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: "Pink Baby" photo frame, Candamar

Old December 13th 03, 10:10 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Go for it! I can't wait. I'll be first on the list to purchase it -
with an autographed copy, of course!
Dianne

animaux wrote:
Well, I, for one cannot wait! However, January around here can be air conditioning OR ice
storm. One never knows!

I should also announce I may be very busy next year as my one and only resolution is to
start writing my book. It will have a working title of; "When North Moves South: The
Garden Blunders We Make."

I've been gathering information for a few years and think I am up to the challenge. I'm
brand new in a body with no virus. What more can I ask...

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:14:07 -0600, Dianne Lewandowski opined:

Old December 14th 03, 01:15 AM
Karen C - California

"When North Moves South: The
Garden Blunders We Make."

And then you can write East to West ... all those people who arrive in the
desert thinking they can exactly duplicate their humidity-preferring coastal
gardens, and get confused when their spring bulbs don't spring.

(Answer: it didn't get cold enough. You have to dig them up and put them in
the fridge for a couple months so they know it's been winter.)

--
Finished 11/18/03 -- Bird of Paradise
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old December 14th 03, 02:08 AM
George

Please keep us post and we look forward to reading/having it. Thanks.

George - http://EmbroideryArtwork.com
Old December 14th 03, 02:32 AM
Blackie105

Thank you Dianne. That sounds delicious! Will be looking forward to seeing
what is in it....you big tease!
Blackie105

"Be brave enough to live life with joy." -- Unknown

Take the jinx out to reply
Old December 14th 03, 02:34 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Actually, I'm waiting for plant developers to develop truly gorgeous
plants that live in northern climes. It is very frustrating - as even
though a plant may be "hardy" enough, you have to fight shorter growing
seasons, which can be difficult for gardeners as bloom times vary, and
some plants just don't make it through.

If you look through lucious plant catalogues, you see very few plants
hardy enough for zone 4 or 3. The bulk of the plant industry focuses on
zones 5 and 6. I can grow - successfully, zone 5 plants - and I'm in
Zone 5 because of Lake Michigan. But the short season and wild
temperature fluctuations - make growing even zone 4 plants difficult -
especially on sandy soil - even though amended.

Dianne

Old December 15th 03, 12:54 AM
emerald

"animaux" wrote in message
Dianne, there are many plants which will thrive very well in your region.

It's the fine
tuning and learning what your particular micro climate is. You may have

several different
conditions on one property. I suggest you take a look at this website:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/earthjoy/

Since I always like to look at garden-related sites, I had a peek at this
one and read the list of exotics that they feel should not be planted. Many
of them seemd obvious but a few were quite a surprise. Is baby's breath
really invasive? I've never been able to grow it because, in my last home,
the deer thought it, and almost everything else, was part of their
smorgasbord!

emerald

Old December 15th 03, 01:22 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

I looked at the list and was surprised, also, by "garden phlox". Also,
purple loostrife. There is major disagreement in the nursery trade. It
depends upon "which" loostrife you get - much of the cultivars are sterile.

The rest of the list is pretty commonly known weeds. Who doesn't try
earnestly to rid themselves of dandelions, creeping charlie, etc. etc.

I constantly try to tell people around here not to plant maples because
they are being attacked by a virus. But nobody listens. We have two
Norway maples and they - though providing dense and welcome shade - are
a MESS!!! I started a chestnut to take their place. Squirrels planted
the seeds . . . nature and I are doing the rest.

Dianne