Freebies (kinda long)

Old March 29th 18, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Freebies (kinda long)

On Thursday, April 2, 1998 at 4:00:00 AM UTC-4, Mark & Joci Kerr wrote:
In the process of packing for upcoming move, I've run across several
extra copies of DMC free charts. I would like to share these with
non-USA stitchers first, on a first-come-fist-serve basis; then USA
stitchers if any remain.

Send me an e-mail with your request, including your mailing address, by
5:00 PM USA Eastern Time, Wednesday, April 8, 1998. That night I'll
sort them by location and time of arrival, and post them 4/9 or 4/10
(depends on how the packing is going).

I've checked the postage requirements, and know that each chart will run
me a bit in postage --- but all I'd like in return is a picture postcard
of a local site or scene after you receive the chart(s). I'll send my
address when I confirm you will be receiving your requested chart(s).

This is meant as a "good" diversion for me from the drudgery and anxiety
of packing, showing house, etc., etc. If I go crazy in the meantime,
I'll try to let you know.:-)

Jocelyn Kerr

Here's the list:

#9055 - Moonlight & Roses - Vase of roses in front of open window with
curtain blowing; ribbons and locket in foreground -
stitched on 14-ct navy blue Aida using rayon floss, flower
thread, & embroidery floss (conversion info provided to
substitute emb. floss for flower thread (have 5)
#9048 - Bluebird Peaches - Peach crate label interpreted by Alice Okon
-
design with peaches, blossoms, and "bluebirds"
(look more like swallows to me, but...) with landscape in
background - stitched on 28-ct light linen fabric
with emb. floss (have 2)
#9049 - Napa Valley - 32 cent stamp interpreted by Alice Okon -
Hummingbird
and cluster of purple grapes in foreground, valley
landscape in background - stitched on 28-ct light linen
using emb. floss (have 5)
#9054 - Freshwater Pearls View of beach from above - crab, starfish,
sand dollar,
shells, water - designed by Sandra Gilmore for pearl cotton
on 18-mesh mono canvas, but may be created in CCS using
evenweave and embroidery floss (have 7)
#9056 - Cultured Pearls Teacup, Rose Bowl, Violin & Bow on lacy
background
designed by Sandra Gilmore as needlepoint using pearl
cotton on 14-mesh mono canvas, but may be created
in CCS on evenweave with emb. floss (have 3)
#9046 - DMC Sampler 250th Anniversary Sampler designed by Cross 'N
Patch
Needlework Designs, Emie Bishop, stitched on light linen
with emb. floss (have 2)
#9045 - Spring Flowers Bouquet of flowers in blue vase - tulips,
daffodils, etc.
stitched on 18-ct white Aida with embroider floss (have 1)
#9051 - Victorian Christmas Victorian Man & Woman strolling past row
houses decorated
for Christmas on snow-covered ground - stitched on 18-ct
white Aida with emb. floss and metallics (have 1)
#9047 - Pearls of Wisdom Sampler with alphabet, house, trees, border
- designed
by Cross 'N Patch Needlwork Designs, Emie Bishop, for
pearl cotton (sizes 8 & 12) on 28-ct light linen. Design
includes other than CCS - satin, Algerian eye, rice, long
arm cross, & lazy daisy stitches, plus Hardanger klosters
(have 6)

P.S. I hope posting this here instead of RCTM is OK since these aren't
"for sale"

Do you still have a copy of #9054 Freshwater Pearls available?