Brother SE400 - Worth It?

Old June 6th 13, 03:57 PM
popmelainetos popmelainetos is offline
Junior Member

Default Brother SE400 - Worth It?

Hi
New here and just wondering what owners of the Brother SE400 think of their machine.

I have a bit of cash set aside for a new sewing/embroidery machine and a few friends have recommended the Brother.

There's a lot of machines out there, but I like the fact that patterns can be downloaded from the net. It also fits within my budget, so that's another positive!

Anyone got anything good / bad to say about this?

Thanks
Old June 6th 13, 11:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

The Brother PE770 is a better buy. It is only an embroidery machine and a
very fine one. Expecting a low cost machine to do both sewing and embroidery
( I think) is asking too much. Polly

news

--
popmelainetos

Old June 7th 13, 07:07 AM
popmelainetos popmelainetos is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly Esther[_5_] View Post
The Brother PE770 is a better buy. It is only an embroidery machine and a very fine one. Expecting a low cost machine to do both sewing and embroidery ( I think) is asking too much. Polly
Thanks for the response.
This review that I found after a quick Google search seems quite positive about the SE400, but you do raise a valid point about the price level and capability if the machine.

http://www.slideshare.net/jhoangg/br...-manual-sewing

Certainly food for thought!
Old June 8th 13, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

It looks like a very good starter machine. Brother makes good machines.
Embroidery only machines are very limited, and most people tire of
them very quickly.
Gen

On 6/7/2013 2:07 AM, popmelainetos wrote:
'Polly Esther[_5_ Wrote:
;919950']The Brother PE770 is a better buy. It is only an embroidery
machine and a very fine one. Expecting a low cost machine to do both
sewing and embroidery ( I think) is asking too much. Polly

Thanks for the response.
This review that I found after a quick Google search seems quite
positive about the SE400, but you do raise a valid point about the price
level and capability if the machine.

http://tinyurl.com/n8vlpqq

Certainly food for thought!

Old June 9th 13, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Gen makes a good point and people tiring of them quickly means there are probably lots of almost new gently used machines available at a good price. Maybe you'd consider two used machines- one for sewing and one for embroidery.... possibly for the same price as one new machine???

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old June 9th 13, 12:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"popmelainetos" wrote in message
news

Hi
New here and just wondering what owners of the Brother SE400 think of
their machine.
snip

WalMart carries this machine and I've been looking at it for a year. The
built in designs are limited, as compared to the more expensive machines and
I believe it would be a good beginner embroidery SM. I am considering
getting one this next winter. I have a more expansive machine that does
embroidery, but not the designs of this Brother, and my favorite Pfaff does
not do the 4" designs with the hoops. A few years ago I got a more
complicated Pfaff that will do a 4" design with an embroidery attachment,
but I have not used the machine except for regular sewing.
Barbara in SC

PMC is it worth it [email protected] Jewelry 1 May 15th 07 03:56 AM
It's worth a Try! [email protected] Quilting 2 March 7th 05 08:34 PM
Shops in Ft. Worth, TX gwen Needlework 1 March 4th 05 11:55 PM
Very OT long but worth it Don/Gen Quilting 5 January 11th 05 11:27 AM
how much is it worth to you? Brenda Needlework 0 November 1st 04 06:04 AM