Bead storage boxes

Old June 19th 04, 09:14 PM
Su/Cutworks

Default Bead storage boxes

I saw these at a needlework trade show this spring and just about fell over,
they are so cool. Pricey as anything but really neat. They were handing
out samples of the small containers that fit inside the big boxes, so I
figure I only have about 100 more shows to attend before I get a full set.
I noticed they've been advertising in US magazines too.

http://www.thecraftkitcompany.co.uk/

-Su

Old June 20th 04, 06:36 AM
Cheryl

I noticed they've been advertising in US magazines too.

http://www.thecraftkitcompany.co.uk/
Su
Looks interesting -

too bad the website hasn't got better pictures..
Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old June 20th 04, 10:36 AM
Su/Cutworks

Cheryl wrote:

too bad the website hasn't got better pictures..

Yeah, I know. They have such a great storage system, they're really being
let down by their marketing. They boxes aren't cheap but they are of an
anti-static plastic that I really loved, the beads don't stick to the boxes,
and the ability to change around the containers to suit is very ingenious.

I want a set or two, but they're in the £100 range for the big box sets.
It's not bad when you consider the amount of storage but it's a lot for a
toy. I can buy a lot of seed beads for £100.

Or even some nice lampwork!

-Su

Old June 20th 04, 06:34 PM
Dr. Sooz

£100?!?!?! Good lord!
Hard to see them in the pictures, but they look a lot like Beki's boxes she
sells.

http://www.whimbeads.com/usb.html
~~
Sooz
Old June 20th 04, 09:47 PM
Su/Cutworks

Sooz wrote:

£100?!?!?! Good lord!
Hard to see them in the pictures, but they look a lot like Beki's boxes

she
sells.

http://www.whimbeads.com/usb.html

Similar, but not the same company. These have the choice of really small
boxes up to pretty large ones. I think they're pricey but they were so
cool. I really had bead storage box lust when I saw them.

However, having looked at the other range of boxes, I may transfer my
loyalties. Money can buy happiness, and I can get more happiness with the
other boxes, I think! Sometimes it really IS about quantity!

-Su

Old June 21st 04, 12:39 AM
Cheryl

, they're really being
let down by their marketing.

Definitely - they NEED CLOSEUPS!!!

I want a set or two, but they're in the £100 range for the big box

OUCH!

toy. I can buy a lot of seed beads for £100.

YUP -- and I know the place...
LOL

Old June 21st 04, 04:56 AM
Carla

Which are fantastic, btw. I just received my order a few days ago (the
boxes with the longest-sized tubes). It totally neatened up my
rock/stone/pearl/semi-precious drawer, and makes looking for stuff a breeze.

Cheers,
Carla

Old June 21st 04, 06:48 AM
Dr. Sooz

http://www.whimbeads.com/usb.html

Similar, but not the same company.

Yup -- Beki invented hers.
~~
Sooz
Old June 21st 04, 09:32 AM
Su/Cutworks

Kathy wrote:

From what I understand Beki's bead boxes are the original, and the
others are all derived from them. I love them, and recently bought a
hundred of the medium sized ones. (It wasn't nearly enough) For
Delicas, there isn't anything that comes even close in quality.

I found a place in the UK that sells them in a very nice hold-all, the caddy
bag second from the top:
http://www.stitchncraft.co.uk/acatal...d_Storage.html

I ordered one, as it's pretty important to me to have my stuff as
self-contained as possible, living in such confined space as we do.

Of course, I have zillions of beads in every kind of container
imaginable.

I don't have that many as I've restrained myself over the years but it could
get dangerous now!

-Su

Old June 21st 04, 04:28 PM
Shirley Shone

I was having a look at that bag online yesterday, I was going to send
the link but you have found it.
Shirley

In message , Su/Cutworks
writes