Hello again!!! (some on and off-topic, mostly, off-topic)

Old August 23rd 05, 12:07 PM
Sharon Harper

Or here we can get stuff called "up and go" which is a liquidised version of
Wheet Bix (unsure of spelling but they are a breakfast cereal which is a
largish rectangle size made of crispy wheat flakes) mixed with milk and
different flavours - banana, cappacino, vanilla - all sorts - my kids love
them.

quicker)

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
CNY/VAstitcher wrote:

Well dang if y'all don't chatter like a bunch of magpies!! LOL Sorry,
started getting the twang after 48 hours in VA, and now i'm just plain
giddy with being able to talk with all of you again.

Let me give you the run-down:

I'm going back to bed! You are just too damned energetic, woman! ;D

Glad to see you back.

If Thomas's apatite is compromised by the meds, why not pack a carton of
milkshake for his lunch? Hight-octane fuel in a small box, and liquid
rather than solid. We can get little cartons of UHT flavoured milk
here. There's also an arrangement where the kids can get a carton of
fresh milk per day (used to be 'free' - as in paid for by taxes, but now
we have to pay for it by the term).

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old August 23rd 05, 02:01 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

I saw a show on Home & Garden channel where they sprayed liquid fabric
softner on the walls to remove wall paper.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Tina" wrote in message
ups.com...
WOW and congrats Larisa - sounds like you're getting there! Sending
you a hug and a nice, long , hot soak in a tub! LOL

We are going to be moving too - from one too old house to another
newer, bigger old house that has YUCKY wallpaper in kitchen that I
think they super glued to the wall. Can you give me the name/info of
this "Grabbed stuff made by M-1, scored the paper, sprayed it on, gave
kids baths, and when i came
back down, it just peeled right off...no residue or anything!!" I'd
really like to try something that someone else has already found to
work!

Don't overdo yourself and give that boy lots and lots of lovin'! (I
understand the ADHD, have one that really has a rough time with changes
to his routine/schedule/surroundings)

Hugs!
Tina

Old August 23rd 05, 02:57 PM
Roberta

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:
I saw a show on Home & Garden channel where they sprayed liquid fabric
softner on the walls to remove wall paper.

I have used that method and it works well ...

you do need to score the paper a bit - there is a tool to do that

Roberta (in VA)
Old August 23rd 05, 03:50 PM
CNY/VAstitcher

It's simply called: M-1 Wallpaper "Remover" I bought mine at Home
Depot. It was right with all the other stuff for removing wallpaper -
scoring tool, scraper, etc.

Larisa
Old August 23rd 05, 03:55 PM
CNY/VAstitcher

Butterfly wrote:

My
BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYY'S
BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to your NEW Home.

MomII

Of course I'm back....it was nerve-wracking only having sporadic access
at the hotel, and then nothing in the new house, but as soon as I
cleared a path to the desk in the sewing room, we got everything hooked
up. I couldn't stay away much longer and stay sane...lol
Old August 23rd 05, 04:08 PM
Tina

Thank you, thank you, thank you - back to Home Depot I go today!

I owe you one, a BIG one! Make sure you give us the new address ASAP
so we can send you some welcome home stuffy! G

Hugs,
Tina

Old August 23rd 05, 04:20 PM
Butterfly

I dun learned you rightly : ) Priorities and all ya knowz ; )
Now go 'easy' unpacking, it doesn't have to be done in ONE WEEK.......ask me
how I know.... .no, don't, I don't want to relive that nightmare...... One
thing I learned is unpacking in a 'rush' you tend to forget where you put
some things. So take frequent breaks--even if you 'sew' for a few minutes
and then go back to unpacking..your mind needs to 'recognize' where you put
the said things before you unload another box.
Good to have you back online.....seems more like 'home' once again : )

Love
MomII

Old August 24th 05, 02:40 AM
Elizabeth Wilson

Cheap fabric softener (like what you would put in the washing machine) works
really well, too -- just score the wallpaper sponge on fabric softener and
left it sit -- the paper comes right off, plus it smells good too.

Elizabeth in Spring, Texas
"

Old August 24th 05, 02:52 AM
CNY/VAstitcher

IMS wrote:
OHMYGOD Larissa, just reading this tires me out! Don't you EVER stay
still???!! LOL!!

-Irene

Irene,

If I stayed still, nothing would ever get done around here!! DH is
working at a temporary site (3 weeks until they move to their actual
office, which will cut down on the drive by about 15 minutes) and he is
doing some overtime (including some at home, upstairs, on HIS
computer...though only mine has internet access at this time). I'm the
one who is emptying boxes and putting things away. If I didn't do it,
it would never get done.

Tonight was crazy...first night of karate, DH home later than he was
yesterday, DS wanting omelets for dinner, DD not wanting to eat or nap
or anything. Oh well, karate is only twice a week, and it's less than
30 minutes away....I just hope they don't have too many days where
parents assist in activities (tonight we were running races..I pulled
something that I don't think I can actually remember pulling before, but
it is a possibility). Oh, and I had the meeting at school today, which
really was the only calm thing....all IL had to do was bring papers so
that they could see where thomas got the diagnosis of ADHD and the
suggestions for him on his IEP...next month, I will go back in and we
will do a new IEP on the Virginia paperwork instead of the NEw York
paperwork...don't ask, I'm just too used to all of this for it to bother me.

Tomorrow, between 2 and 6pm, my new oven and refrigerator will be
arriving....and that's ALL that is planned!!! With luck, I can get the
sewing part of the sewing room/office finally straightened out....right
now, fabric is just sitting in piles (though I did get the satin and
velvet for this year's Christmas picture in a cabinet). The packers put
some of my stuff in with Ken's, so those boxes are going to take a while
to sort through.

In the mean time, I have decided on the colors (samples taped to wall),
and today, I put together a shelving unit to house my other craft items
as well as the craft items that the children can use. I would rather
have them working in the room with me than coloring somewhere else where
the walls would make a tempting canvas.

Hmm...oh yeah, and i bought my rolling office chair, and Jeanne would
love it...color said "leaf" but it is SO lime, it's silly...which is why
I bought it...made me smile. Next up (after boxes are cleared out and
other projects are finished) is the baseboard trim and an area rug.
Found a really nice plum colored area rug (not worn and nasty like the
carpeting that was originally in here) that I am thinking about, but I
need to get the walls painted, trim bought and painted and installed
(have to get new casing for the clost doors as i ripped it off to
install the hardwood grin) and then i will rethink hte area rug.

However......the kitchen is pretty much put together (that will be
redone in the next 2 or 3 years because it's a hodge-podge and they cut
the countertop too short, so it doesn't totally cover the dishwasher.
Also, I currently have my clothes washer in the kitchen with the dryer
in a different room....that will be taken care of when we get to work on
the garage (no insulation or finished walls, no floor, only gravel).

There are lots of projects to do in this house, which makes it all the
more appealing to me grin. Right now the big debate is over the MBR
color. DH actually likes it the color that it is (kind of an olivey
green, but richer) which is totally against the grain for him. I
already bought some nice paint, in a gold color which would make it more
luxurious/romantic (at least to me). However, the room is so huge, that
we might have an accent wall or something, thereby making both of us
happy :-)

Oh well....off to organize some more...I really want to get my
machine(s) up and running as all the curtains i made before we moved
need hemming....I know there is an end to the madness, I just don't see
it coming any time soon.

Larisa

P.S. Yes, I'm trying to take pictures as we go along so you can see the
work that we are doing.
Old August 24th 05, 02:56 AM
CNY/VAstitcher

Butterfly wrote:

I dun learned you rightly : ) Priorities and all ya knowz ; )
Now go 'easy' unpacking, it doesn't have to be done in ONE WEEK.......ask me
how I know.... .no, don't, I don't want to relive that nightmare...... One
thing I learned is unpacking in a 'rush' you tend to forget where you put
some things. So take frequent breaks--even if you 'sew' for a few minutes
and then go back to unpacking..your mind needs to 'recognize' where you put
the said things before you unload another box.
Good to have you back online.....seems more like 'home' once again : )

Love
MomII

Can't sew, gots no table yit. Mah-sheens onna flur, fabrik evverwayr.
Hope ter git ter it bah nex week. Unpahkin slo, tarhd vary tarhd.

luv

yer dorter