o/t late baby!

Old August 17th 05, 04:30 PM
marbles_2

I can empathize with your frustration. My last baby (almost 23 years
ago) was FIVE weeks late!!! (I was planning a home birth and didn't
want to be induced unless necessary.....which the midwife said would
have been about two days after she was finally born so we cut it
close.) I tried everything from castor oil to non-fabric sex to riding
in a bumpy car. I think I finally declared that I wouldn't go to church
ever again until she was born because it was a marker at how many weeks
I'd been hearing, "Didn't you have that baby yet?"

I started labor late Saturday night and she was born at 4:30 a.m.
Sunday so someone could report to the congregation I had delivered.
Praise God! She was also nearly 10 pounds and stubborn to this very
day.

I think the worse part was that my belly was so big I couldn't reach my
sewing machine very well!!!

Hang in there!!

Annie

Old August 17th 05, 05:09 PM
I.E.Z.

"Morag in Oxford" wrote in message
Hi ladies,
Apologies in advance if this turns into a moan, but this baby doesn't seem
in any hurry to be born.

Make plans to go with your husband for a day out before the baby gets here.
You will wake to find that your water has broken.

Iris (well, it happened to me - and it was a week BEFORE the due date - and
he's been an impatient little beast ever since - and he's turning 21 next
Wednesday!!)

Old August 17th 05, 05:35 PM
Bonnie Patterson

My DOCTOR told his nurse to give me 2 ounces of castor oil in 4 ounces
of orange juice and to make sure that I drank it. That got everything
moving including that 10 lb. 1 oz. baby boy. Of course that was in
the dark ages, he is 33 years old now.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:05:00 +0000 (UTC), "Morag in Oxford"
wrote:

Hi ladies,
Apologies in advance if this turns into a moan, but this baby doesn't seem
in any hurry to be born. My due date was either yesterday (16th) or Monday,
depending if I go by the hospital date or my doctor's date. Baby seems
quite content to stay where he/she is, and kick into Mummy's ribs and
bladder a lot, no intentions of coming out, it seems.

I've tried all the old wives tales at least once - pineapple juice, hot
chilli food, sex (although perhaps they meant the biological one rather than
purchasing fabric), and sniffing various aromatherapy oils.

Morag

Old August 17th 05, 05:49 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Morag in Oxford" wrote:

Hi ladies,
Apologies in advance if this turns into a moan, but this baby doesn't seem
in any hurry to be born. My due date was either yesterday (16th) or Monday,
depending if I go by the hospital date or my doctor's date. Baby seems
quite content to stay where he/she is, and kick into Mummy's ribs and
bladder a lot, no intentions of coming out, it seems.

I've tried all the old wives tales at least once - pineapple juice, hot
chilli food, sex (although perhaps they meant the biological one rather than
purchasing fabric), and sniffing various aromatherapy oils.

Morag

That's so frustrating! My first was overdue, too, so the doctor told me
to drink castor oil (yuck!) in orange juice. I went into labor late that
night. Best of luck!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 17th 05, 06:18 PM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Morag in Oxford" wrote:

Hi ladies,
Apologies in advance if this turns into a moan, but this baby doesn't seem
in any hurry to be born. My due date was either yesterday (16th) or
Monday,
depending if I go by the hospital date or my doctor's date. Baby seems
quite content to stay where he/she is, and kick into Mummy's ribs and
bladder a lot, no intentions of coming out, it seems.

I've tried all the old wives tales at least once - pineapple juice, hot
chilli food, sex (although perhaps they meant the biological one rather
than
purchasing fabric), and sniffing various aromatherapy oils.

Morag

Morag my dear. Take it from an old mom. It seems exciting to have a
new baby - and it truly is. But believe me, you are getting much more
sleep now, can eat when you need to, can pee when you need to, heck, you
can even shower. Enjoy this now (uncomfortable as it may be) before the
next event.

Go to a movie, get your nails done, eat ice cream, read a trashy novel,
watch tv uninterrupted etc.

The baby will be here soon enough.

marcella
Old August 17th 05, 06:34 PM
Morag in Oxford

5 weeks???
The longest they will let me go (hopefully) is 2 weeks over my due date,
which would take me to the 30th August. I am seeing the doc tomorrow
though, and hope that my pleading will result in an induction a bit earlier
than that.... Appointment is 2.20pm so I will probably have my waters break
at 2.15ish ;-)
Morag

oups.com...

Old August 17th 05, 06:42 PM
Roberta Zollner

IME the medical experts can easily be a week or so off. For my 2nd, I knew
the exact day and hour of conception, added 270 days, and circled the day on
the calendar. Doctor wouldn't listen, and his date was a week early!
Roberta in D

Old August 17th 05, 07:36 PM
Heather Michna

I've been reading all the suggestions, but my suggestion is to just have
patience. The babe will come when he/she is ready. Don't rush things. The
baby, and your body, usually know better than you(or your doctor) do when
it's time.

I tried castor oil three times, and all it did was give me the worst
abdominal cramps and diarreah of my life.

Old August 17th 05, 07:39 PM
Patti

Thanks for the update Morag - little rascal!
I expect you are a bit uncomfortable now that it has got warmer. You
should be OK for the rest of the week! Though it would be a good thing
if the little one did agree to make an appearance.
Good luck.
..
In message , Morag in
Oxford writes
Hi ladies,
Apologies in advance if this turns into a moan, but this baby doesn't seem
in any hurry to be born. My due date was either yesterday (16th) or Monday,
depending if I go by the hospital date or my doctor's date. Baby seems
quite content to stay where he/she is, and kick into Mummy's ribs and
bladder a lot, no intentions of coming out, it seems.

I've tried all the old wives tales at least once - pineapple juice, hot
chilli food, sex (although perhaps they meant the biological one rather than
purchasing fabric), and sniffing various aromatherapy oils.

Morag

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 17th 05, 07:52 PM
Kate Dicey

Roberta Zollner wrote:
IME the medical experts can easily be a week or so off. For my 2nd, I knew
the exact day and hour of conception, added 270 days, and circled the day on
the calendar. Doctor wouldn't listen, and his date was a week early!
Roberta in D

Hehehehehe... I know much the same about James. He arrived on his due
day at 4:25 am! I was on Clomid at the time, and noting everything:
we'd had family for Christmas & New Year, and then flu, so I was sure of
the dates, and the nurse taking the notes wrote down what I said. Mind
you, she did warn me that first babies are often a week or so late. She
was also the one that recommended curry and a beer!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

ebay: Oh baby! - lots of baby layettes& afghans & adult afghan patterns and more! marilyn safier Marketplace 0 July 17th 04 11:54 PM
ideas for sofia's baby quilt? Dr. Quilter Quilting 6 December 13th 03 06:07 PM
OT Story - DD's birthday Kandice Seeber Beads 0 December 12th 03 02:52 AM
Baby Quilts [email protected] Quilting 5 November 19th 03 02:22 PM
ISO free baby pattern Shawna23 Needlework 4 November 7th 03 06:45 PM