It pays to read the ads.

Old January 18th 04, 10:28 PM
NoraBalcer

Default It pays to read the ads.

Hi everyone,

Yes, it pays to read the ads, or it did for me today. I was going to my local
AC Moore just to see what yarn they had on sale, like I needed more. In our
Sunday papers this morning was a flyer from Michael's with Red Heart Super
Saver yarn at 2 skeins for $3. I know that AC Moore has it for $2.17 and their
ad always says they will honor or beat the competitors price if you bring in
the ad. I took it along with me and asked at the customer service desk first if
they would honor it and they said yes, and I was the first one to show them
that it was so much cheaper than theirs, even when they had it for sale two
weeks ago. So, I now have added 8 skeins to my stashs, 3 of plumberry, 3 Monet
and 2 light plum. It should work up into some very pretty afghans for Project
Linus.

Hugs,

Nora
Old January 18th 04, 11:23 PM
Lynne

hanging head

At least I'm not alone in my stash gluttony. (Oops, didn't mean to imply
you are a glutton, Nora, LOL!)

I saw the Michael's ad this morning and couldn't resist $1.50 for an 8 oz.
Super Saver. I bought 20 skeins for afghans. I needed more yarn like I
needed a hole in the head.

But, it was truly S.E.X at its best.

- Lynne

Old January 19th 04, 02:44 AM
Seaspray

Thanks Nora,
I will be passing by Michaels later this week and, of course, NOW I will
have to stop in and buy yarn!

Seaspray

Something to read . . . Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 2 December 24th 03 05:42 PM
Marking Read and other stuff Diana Curtis Beads 5 August 13th 03 05:58 PM
Read This Quick !!!!! rainbow Beads 4 August 7th 03 01:08 AM
OT Homeschooling... Karlee in Kansas Beads 74 July 27th 03 06:53 AM