Question for you yarn folks, please.

Old January 16th 04, 10:59 PM
Gillian Murray

Default Question for you yarn folks, please.

My mother-in-law (87) has started an afghan using some Dazzleaire in
Sundance Ombre color (2675). She only had seven skeins, which I believe are
eons old, but didn't agree with me that it would not be sufficient. I have
googled, and can find no mention of this color. Is it still available?? if
not, is there an available yarn, with a similar texture and weight, which
she could use in alternating panels?? I haven't knitted in years, and am not
sure what is available out there.

I would appreciate any help you can give.

GillianH.

Old January 17th 04, 03:17 AM
Lynne

I don't use Dazzleaire much and can't help you with the color question, -
that is, if it's still available. If it isn't listed on the Caron website
or on a merchant like Herrschner's website, it probably is discontinued.
(There are other retailers' sites to look at, of course, but I know
Herrschners used to sell it.)

Incidentally, I read on another list somewhere recently, (gee, I hate
getting old and forgetful,) that Dazzleaire itself was being discontinued.

Perhaps a visit to the Caron website and an e-mail to their customer service
would answer your question?? If your m-i-l wanted to use a contrasting color
to supplement and/or enhance what she has, she might ought to buy it pretty
soon. ;-)

Good luck to her.

And I agree - 7 skeins won't make a full-sized afghan. :-/

- Lynne D.

nk.net...

Old January 17th 04, 03:36 AM
Lucille

Why not write to Caron and ask them. I believe this is a discontinued
color, but it's sure worth a try.
Lucille

Old January 17th 04, 04:24 AM
Stella Fenley

Go to ebay.com
they have some caron dazzleaire yarn on their site.Stella

Old January 17th 04, 05:15 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I am sorry i am not familiar with these threads , But i would advice
you in such a case to try and find the manufacturer,. It helped me
once when i could not find a certain dye lot ,,,, wrote a letter [20
years ago] and they found a lot in their stock room ,
mirjam

Old January 18th 04, 01:41 AM
Gillian Murray

Thank you for the assistance. Frankly, I think this is a yarn that is very
outdated. The price ticket on the skein says "sale price 1.44". I suspect
that dates it. I had already checked the Caron site, and Ebay, with no
results. This evening the MIL came out to proudly show me two skeins in a
shade of Dazzleaire(hidden inder her bed) , that matches what she is using.
At her age, I will not say, that I don't think it enough, we hope her
grandson's fiancee recognises the heart that went into it, n0t the finished
product.. I really thank all of you who posted in response to my plea.

Gillian

Old January 18th 04, 10:11 PM
NoraBalcer

Gillian,

As long as you know what the yarn looks like and feels like, why not try
finding something similiar like the Caron Simply Soft and tell her that
contrasting panels would look nice. My Walmarts is one place that sells it.

Hugs,

Nora
Old January 18th 04, 10:36 PM
Elizabeth

I have found a few sites with dazzleaire but not the shade you want. There
are quite a few sites that sell white. Maybe if you contact the manufacturer
at the Caron site below, they can tell you if they still make it?

a few links for you
http://www.caron.com/
http://www.caron.com/shopfor.html
http://www.auntmarysyarns.com/dazzleaire1.htm

Hope this helps

Liz

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

Aaaaaaaagghhh!! Slippery yarn rant... CMM PDX2 Yarn 8 September 1st 03 07:27 PM
Yarn Substitution SlinkyToy Yarn 5 August 23rd 03 06:34 AM
Hello - Yarn On Line ? Patricia Yarn 15 August 20th 03 08:04 PM
Question on "Continental " and "English" knitting techniques SlinkyToy Yarn 19 July 17th 03 09:36 AM