WIP and FO update

Old January 15th 04, 01:22 PM
SGC

Default WIP and FO update

DH wore his luske-kote to work today big grin!! for the first time

I finished the back panel on a crocheted cable sweater this morning.

I have the 16x16 mosaic square (done in raspberry & white) and 4 8x8 squares
(raspberry, white, burgandy, pink) completed for the little-girl baby
blanket (know one new baby girl, one on the way, and one coming from China =
adoption); so it makes sense to be using up my pink-y colors for a baby
blanket. I'm doing it as a sampler of 8x8 blocks surrounding the 16x16
mosaic square. I have to make 8 more 8x8 blocks grin. I'm using a
combination of crochet blocks and knit blocks (whatever strikes my fancy
when I start a new one).

Oh yeah! I've also made about 6" of progress on my Minnie Mouse for the
Mickey & Minnie sweater I've designed -- let me know if you want more
details on this one or anything else

SGC

Old January 15th 04, 02:58 PM
Karen in MN

=
adoption); so it makes sense to be using up my pink-y colors for a baby
blanket. I'm doing it as a sampler of 8x8 blocks surrounding the 16x16
mosaic square. I have to make 8 more 8x8 blocks grin. I'm using a
combination of crochet blocks and knit blocks (whatever strikes my fancy
when I start a new one).

Oh yeah! I've also made about 6" of progress on my Minnie Mouse for the
Mickey & Minnie sweater I've designed -- let me know if you want more
details on this one or anything else

SGC

I'd love to hear more about that sweater you designed! I'm in awe of anyone
who can design their own things. (I can draw them out on a piece of paper,
but that's as far as I can get!

Karen in MN

Old January 16th 04, 02:11 AM
Katherine

SGC wrote:
DH wore his luske-kote to work today big grin!! for the first time

I finished the back panel on a crocheted cable sweater this morning.

I have the 16x16 mosaic square (done in raspberry & white) and 4 8x8
squares (raspberry, white, burgandy, pink) completed for the
little-girl baby blanket (know one new baby girl, one on the way, and
one coming from China = adoption); so it makes sense to be using up
my pink-y colors for a baby blanket. I'm doing it as a sampler of 8x8
blocks surrounding the 16x16 mosaic square. I have to make 8 more 8x8
blocks grin. I'm using a combination of crochet blocks and knit
blocks (whatever strikes my fancy when I start a new one).

Oh yeah! I've also made about 6" of progress on my Minnie Mouse for
the Mickey & Minnie sweater I've designed -- let me know if you
want more details on this one or anything else

I love the sound of the colours in theblanket.
You designed a sweater??? Impressive! WIll we get to see it?
Katherine

Old January 16th 04, 12:49 PM
SGC

Oh yeah! I've also made about 6" of progress on my Minnie Mouse for the
Mickey & Minnie sweater I've designed -- let me know if you want more
details on this one or anything else

Okay, here's what I meant by 'designed a sweater'

I have a book (I think Leisure Arts) that has Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse
afghan patterns. Basically you're supposed to single crochet a white
ground-fabric, then you cross-stitch Mickey or Minnie on it, then you make
the borders and put the whole thing together. Well, I made the Mickey Mouse
afghan (it was originally intended for ME, but I gave it to my god-niece's
little boy) as directed. BTW: I really like Mickey and Minnie and all the
others and Walt Disney World.

I wanted a sweater, a very unique sweater w/ Mickey Mouse. So, I worked on
the math and on my gauge until I figured out how to make a front panel and
back panel (just squares) that would basically be a 'miniture' version of
the sc-white-ground and then I'd cross-stitch on Mickey. But I got another
idea, what if I went w/ the same gauge etc and actually single-crocheted
Mickey INTO the panel using various colors? So that's what I did. Then I
thought, well if I do Minnie too I'll have a really cool REVERSIBLE sweater
to wear at Disney World. I haven't started the sleeves yet, but I know the
gauge & I know the general shape of the sleeve I want to make, so I'll
probably do the math and figure out how to do the sleeves in single crochet
too. The Mickey panel is finished and Minnie is nearly half-way done.

Oh yeah, I'm using 2 strands of cotton #10 thread, a 3.25mm crochet hook. I
haven't decided on the cuffs or collar -- but I'm leaning toward knitting
them so that they're 'rolled'. The only difficulty that I haven't figured
out, how to get the back-stitching to look good (you know the outlining of
the image) -- I've left it off so far because I'm not pleased w/ the way it
looks; I may just omit it entirely and have Mickey and Minnie look even more
'modern art-ish'.

I'd love to get this finished before our next trip to WDW, but that may not
be possible because of other responsibilities and time-takers

Old January 16th 04, 12:49 PM
SGC

If I get the darned thing finished and DH makes a picture of me in it, I'll
try to find a way to post it so that y'all can see
SGC

Old January 16th 04, 06:27 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi,

That sweater sounds impressive. You can always scan the picture and send it
along to Martin to post on his site for all of us to see.

Hugs,

Nora
Old January 16th 04, 07:01 PM
SGC

Bad news, I laid out Minnie this morning (after I sent the message)... I'm
10 stitches off... Let me explain, viewing from the right side, the design
(Minnie) is 10 stitches too far to the left, there's a WHOLE LOT of white
space on the right. I stopped working on Minnie, I just can't decide whether
to continue as is, start over, just make a sweater w/ Mickey only....

SGC

Old January 16th 04, 07:37 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi SGC,

Is there any way you can add something to those blank white stitches so you
don't have to frog it? Is there anyway you can do a cross stitch in that space?

Hugs,

Nora
Old January 16th 04, 08:06 PM
Katherine

SGC wrote:
[...]

Well, I am impressed all to pieces!
Katherine

Old January 18th 04, 03:04 PM
SGC

I've thought about cross-stitching in something like "Minnie loves Mickey"
or "Gotta love the Mouse"