Problem with my Ott Light Magnyfier

Old August 29th 04, 11:24 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default Problem with my Ott Light Magnyfier

Hi Guys,
OK -- here's an Ott Light topic that hasn't been addressed! Probably
because it has to do with the mag attachment :-)! My light works fine it's
the dohickey that attaches the magnyfier to the light that has gone south!
There is a plastic dohickey that attaches to the pole of the lamp. The mag
has a metal tube threaded into a metal sleeve in the bottom of the flex arm.
This threaded tube then threads into the PLASTIC dohickey that is attached to
the lamp! WHY in the world would anyone design something that has a metal
piece threaded into a plastic piece?? Especially something that is moved
around a lot and has to carry a fairly heavy load for the material used? All
the idiots would have to do is put a threaded metal sleeve into the plastic
part and everything would be ok!!!
Anyway -- has anyone else out that had this problem? I have e-mailed the
Ott Light company but I'm not sure what good that will do! There are all sorts
of e-mail links for asking question but not one for complaints OR an e-mail
link that deals with questions about light accessories! My choices were to
send an e-mail to the PR Dept. or the Pres. I chose the PR guys first --
saving the Pres. for if I don't get a satisfactory answer from someone at the
company!!!
OK -- let me know if anyone has had this problem OK?? CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!
Online Photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old August 30th 04, 12:02 AM
escapee

I know the problem you are talking about. I don't have that lamp, but I know
what you mean. Do a search for their main phone number. It's probably an 800
and call customer service. I'd bet they would send you out a new doohickey at
their expense.

On 29 Aug 2004 22:24:46 GMT, ekoluvr (Tia Mary-remove
nekoluvr to reply ) opined:

.
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!
Online Photos at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

OT Humour: Changing a light bulb Rachel Janzen Needlework 5 June 18th 04 09:27 PM
OTT LIGHT PROBLEM Lenora C Needlework 9 January 28th 04 05:36 PM
Lighting Recommendations Francis Vesey Glass 23 December 19th 03 05:59 AM
OT Joke about newsgroups (Long) Elena Quilting 3 September 1st 03 02:45 PM