OT - I took the summer off?!

Old September 12th 03, 03:14 AM
Aprshowers

Default OT - I took the summer off?!

HI Quilt buddies! I'm back to my normal life style. LOL I think!

The last time I checked in was June. What's been happening since then?
Alot! And none of it was good. After my surgery, DH had his surgery to
have a very LARGE hemorrhoid removed. It went fine, took him 6 hours after
surgery to get the pain under control. Then he took over our sons bed for
sleeping (lower to the ground then our bed). All was going good until the
first visit, 2 days later. That's when the doctor told him he couldn't go
back to work for 4 weeks. OUCH!!! Ok, I can deal with it, have done so
before. Baseball and work didn't mix at all, but kids made it to the rest
of there games. School let out June 12, OK hubby can watch them, that will
save on day care cost. Then on June 21 the engine in my van blow 4 rods.
DOUBLE OUCH!!! One vechicle down, one still running but is a gas hog. I
can handle it! WRONG! I had to start a 2nd job, just to keep me busy and
to keep bills paid. Does it get worse? NOPE!!! :0) Family life gets
better. On July 7 DH goes back to work, parttime for the first week, full
time there after. $3600 later on August 9, I finally got my van back. It
was better to fix it instead of buying another one and cheaper for us. Kids
decided to watch themselves for the rest of the summer break, actually I
ended up paying them, but only if the list of chores where done each day.
Had lots of hot days and swimming in the lake. Then about the end of July,
I about killed myself and my son on the Jetski. I bursed my insides really
bad. God was watching me that day. I still haven't been able to ride it as
of today, maybe next summer.

As of today, I'm still working my 2nd job, but have cut back to 1 day a week
(a little extra quilting money). Kids started school last week, hubby is
back to working long hours, and I'm back to doing what moms do best. Oh ya,
and a little quilting! I hope everyone had a better summer then I did. I'm
sure glad it's over. My condensed summer version is better then the long
summer version. Hope you can fill in the gaps.

Happy Quilting
--
April SW Washington

"Some People I like more than others...
And some People I like even more than
the People I like more than others...
And YOU I like more than all of 'EM!"

Old September 12th 03, 09:20 AM
Roberta Zollner

Glad to see you back safe and sound! September always feels like a new
start, so let's hope for only good things from here on. As long as you can
keep quilting, life isn't the worst.
Roberta in D

Old September 12th 03, 10:27 AM
Kate Dicey

Aprshowers wrote:

HI Quilt buddies! I'm back to my normal life style. LOL I think!

The last time I checked in was June. What's been happening since then?
Alot! And none of it was good. A

Gently snipped horrid summer!

I hope everyone had a better summer then I did. I'm
sure glad it's over. My condensed summer version is better then the long
summer version. Hope you can fill in the gaps.

Happy Quilting

Here's hoping things continue to improve.!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old September 12th 03, 03:04 PM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

April-

Welcome back! Glad your life is getting back on track. Take good care
of yourself and your precious family. It was a rough summer for many of
us...

Leslie

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life... they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old September 12th 03, 03:21 PM
Diana Curtis

Wow, Im glad your summer is over, and things are going better for you.
You made it through, thats the main thing!
Hugs,
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old September 12th 03, 06:03 PM
TerriLee in WA

Welcom back!! What a horrendous summer. Glad that things are getting
back to "normal for you.

Where in SW Washington? I get down there pretty frequently.

Aprshowers wrote:

[...]

TerriLee Bishop
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)
;-)
my real email is tlbishop at earthlink dot net

Old September 13th 03, 06:30 PM
Carolyn from DE

Gently Snipped
HI Quilt buddies! I'm back to my normal life style. LOL I think!

I tried sending this privately but it bounced. Here goes.

Hi, just wanted to drop you a note that there is a new way to do the
hemorrhoid surgery. My daughter had it 8 days ago and she only needed
to take pain meds for the first 2 days if that. She was only the 2nd
one to be done in Delaware (she was to have been the first but a man
got scheduled two days before her). I figure it never hurts to have
someone else go first anyway. Her doctor said that it has to do with
pulling them up inside and stapling where there are no nerve endings.
She was back to her normal routine the Monday after her Friday
surgery. Her doctor said it's the next best thing to sliced bread as
far as the pain and recuperation and she had a SEVERE case of them -
meaning many inside and out. ( I know for those of you reading this
other than the original poster, more than you really wanted to know)
So, the reason for this message aside from welcoming you back is to
let you and him know that if he ever has to have another surgery for
hemorrhoids, contact Dr. Edward Alexander in Dover, DE to get the
details.

Carolyn from DE
Old September 14th 03, 08:52 AM
melinda

Kate Dicey wrote:
Aprshowers wrote:

HI Quilt buddies! I'm back to my normal life style. LOL I think!

The last time I checked in was June. What's been happening since then?
Alot! And none of it was good. A

Gently snipped horrid summer!

I hope everyone had a better summer then I did. I'm
sure glad it's over. My condensed summer version is better then the long
summer version. Hope you can fill in the gaps.

Happy Quilting

Here's hoping things continue to improve.!

From the sounds of things they CAN only get better!
If you hadn't looked in since June, you missed the news that we now have a
son, if you add /joshua to the end of the link in my signature you'll
find some photos!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol