ANNOUNCEMENT/AD - Czech Crystal Group Buy

Old January 8th 05, 04:49 AM
Kathy N-V

Default ANNOUNCEMENT/AD - Czech Crystal Group Buy

I've just been told that Czech Beads has received a large shipment of
4 mm machine cut bicones, and that "nearly all" colors are in stock.
In order to have the best selection, we're going to have to move a
little faster than I had planned.

This company has a minimum order of $250, which I think we'll meet
handily. However, if we cannot meet that minimum quantity, I will
let everyone know before collecting any money.

I just checked the site and there are about 70 colors of 4mm bicones,
so that's what I'm going to offer this time, since this is my first
real group buy. I don't want to promise more than I can deliver
quickly. If this goes smoothly, I'd be happy to expand the selection
further.

All items are sold in one gross quantities, and I cannot going to
split packages. Beside each color category is the pricing: the
first number is the price for one gross, and the second is for five
gross or more. I'm hoping to get the lowest price for all the colors
(if I understand their confusing web page, that shouldn't be a
problem at all - if we order 5 gross of bicones in total, we're
eligible for the lowest price. I'll double check with them to make
sure that they mean what the web page implies.)

The color selection is pretty good, and the colors are quite similar
to the ones I'm used to seeing in Austrian crystals. (see below)

THE FINE PRINT: There will be a $3.00 buy fee, unless you order more
beads than can safely fit in one padded envelope, in which case,
you'll hear from me. If you feel strongly about having your package
boxed or require some special handling, your buy fee will go up.
Right now, I'm planning bubble wrap in a bubble wrap envelope.

Additionally, I will pass along any fee that Paypal charges me for
using a credit card.

Postage will be extra, and will be the exact cost of USPS first
class/priority. Insurance will be offered as an option and will cost
extra.

Non US - if you're interested, email me privately at my AOL address:
(kathynv -at- AOL -dot- com) We'll work out special arrangements to
handle Paypal/no-Paypal and postage/customs/whatever.

Only RCB participants are invited to particpate in this initial buy,
and I'll make the final decisions. Again, it's nothing personal, but
stems from a desire to not promise what I can't deliver. Stick
around and introduce yourself, so I know you for next time, and you
might even make a few friends while you're at it. :-)

THE COLORS

AB Colors:
Crystal AB $5.80/1 gross $5.00/gr - 5 gross or more

Light Topaz AB $6.40/1 gross $5.35/gr - 5 gross or more
Topaz AB
Dark Topaz AB
Smoky Topaz AB
Lt. Amethyst AB
Amethyst AB
Alexandrite AB
Tanzanite AB
Jet AB
Lt. Sapphire AB
Sapphire AB
Montana Blue AB
Black Diamond AB
Green Emerald AB
Olivine AB
Prairie Green AB
Peridot AB
Emerald AB
Chrysolite AB
Aquamarine AB
Capri Blue AB
Rosaline AB
Fuchsia AB
French Rose AB
Jonquil AB
Hyacinth AB
Lt. Siam Ruby AB
Ruby AB
Garnet AB

Plain Colors:
Crystal $4.80/1 gross $4.10/gr - 5 gross or more

Milky White $5.50/1 gross $4.70/gr - 5 gross or more
Light Topaz (out of stock - no ETA)
Topaz
Dark Topaz
Smoky Topaz
Lt. Amethyst
Amethyst
Alexandrite
Tanzanite
Jet
Lt. Sapphire
Sapphire
Montana Blue
Black Diamond
Green Emerald
Olivine
Prairie Green
Peridot
Emerald
Chrysolite
Aquamarine
Capri Blue
Rosaline
Fuchsia
French Rose
Jonquil
Hyacinth
Lt. Siam Ruby
Ruby
Garnet

Special Colors:
Trans. Champagne Luster $6.10/1 gross $5.25/gr - 5 gross+
Trans. Pale Green Luster
Trans. Lemon Luster (onscreen this shows very pale)
Prairie Green Luster
Trans. Blue Luster
Trans Amethyst Luster
Milky Lt. Amethyst
Milky Dark Peridot
Milky Sapphire
Milky Pink

(All the "special" colors are lovely, from their onscreen appearance.
Knowing me, I might exceed 5 gross on those alone)

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

Print off this email list. Then, take a peek at this web page:

http://snipurl.com/buvz

All the colors are there, and are moderately accurate, depending on
your screen. I bought several colors, and found them to be true to
what I was seeing onscreen.

Then send an email to:

In the email, I need your real name, your RCB Screen name, email
address, phone number (in case I have a question), and the listing of
what bicones you want and in what quantity.

Since we want the best choice of color possible, I am asking for a
quick turnaround on this. Therefore, I need your order by 1/16/2005,
and earlier is better. When I get your email, I'll prepare a mailing
label and begin processing the order. I'll send you an email invoice
as soon after that as kathy-ly possible, along with payment
instructions.

PAYMENT WILL BE DUE WITHIN ONE WEEK OF THE ORDER CLOSE DATE. If you
cannot make the payment date, contact me. If I am not contacted and
do not receive payment, I will be forced to drop your order from the
bulk buy. Please don't make me do that, because I will be very sad.

I will repeat this posting periodically during the open order period,
which starts now, approximately 11:50 p.m. on 1/7/05.

I'm very excited to be hosting this bulk buy, and have "asked" my
family to help make it run smoothly. I'm delighted to be able to
give a little bit back to this community that has given me so very
much.

Any questions? Direct them to Bulk_buy -at -comcast dot net or
Kathynv at AOL dot com

Kathy Nicklas-Varraso

Old January 8th 05, 02:56 PM
EL

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
Print off this email list. Then, take a peek at this web page:

http://snipurl.com/buvz

I get a "Cannot find server" when I try this url ...

Elise

Old January 8th 05, 03:05 PM
Kathy N-V

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 9:56:14 -0500, EL wrote
(in message ):

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
Print off this email list. Then, take a peek at this web page:

http://snipurl.com/buvz

I get a "Cannot find server" when I try this url ...

Elise

You'll have to try again later - their server is down, even when I
put in the unsnipped URL. If it gives you a problem later, try going

http://www.czechbeads.com, then clicking on catalog, and looking
through "machine cut crystal." All the 4 mm crystals are right
there. I don't want to post the whole long URL, because it is
dynamically generated, and probably wouldn't work, all 75 characters
of it.

Kathy N-V

Old January 8th 05, 03:08 PM
KDK

wheeeeeee - pretties to buy....

I'm in. I'll take a look later when hopefully the site is back up.

Kathy K
. giganews.com...

Old January 9th 05, 12:58 AM
Christina Peterson