HOW TO USE THE BUTTONHOLE ATTACHMENT

Old April 30th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default HOW TO USE THE BUTTONHOLE ATTACHMENT

I HAVE A SINGER SIMPLE MACHINE. IT HAS THE BUTTONHOLE ATTACHMENT. I DO
NOT KNOW HOW TO USE IT. I PUT THE BUTTON IN THE ATTACHMENT. I PULLED
THE LITTLE ROD DOWN. WHAT I DON'T KNOW IS WHERE DO I PLACE THE LITTLE
ROD THAT PULLS DOWN? I MADE A BUTTON HOLE BUT I CAN'T REPEAT IT. I
DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID. I CAN GET IT TO MAKE ONE SIDE OF THE BUTTON
HOLE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT MAKES IT GO BACK TO MAKE THE OTHER SIDE.

WHAT DO I DO?

Old April 30th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

I'm afraid I can't answer your question... however, in case you were not
aware -- typing in all capital letters is like shouting at people. In net
language, it is generally avoided unless used sporadically for emphasis. It
is also much more difficult to read.

I do hope someone can help you with your question. I strictly sew quilts...
so have never done a buttonhole.

Kate in MI

oups.com...

Old April 30th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Wish I could help, but the only buttonholer I ever used worked fine and I
didn't have to do anything. Maybe someone with more expertise will answer
this one.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

oups.com...

Old April 30th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Many Singer sewing machines are fairly logical. The answer is probably
something very reasonable such as sewing one side of the buttonhole and then
flipping the SM to 'reverse'. If you haven't figured it out by trial and
testing, check over at rec.crafts.textiles.sewing and see if they can help.
Please don't yell at them; they are such nice people. Polly

"Carolyn McCarty" wrote in message
Wish I could help, but the only buttonholer I ever used worked fine and I
didn't have to do anything. Maybe someone with more expertise will answer
this one.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

oups.com...

Old April 30th 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Do a google search on how to make a buttonhole. I'm sure that you will find
oodles of information.

(covering ears)

--
Boca Jan