Going to be in the Washington DC area

Old October 18th 10, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default On topic: words of wisdom in stitching

"Lynoth" wrote in message
On Oct 18, 7:30 am, Gillian Murray wrote:
Jeannette Hayashida wrote:
On Oct 17, 7:21 pm, "Olwyn.Mary" wrote:
Gillian Murray wrote:
Lucille wrote:
"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
On 10/17/2010 6:38 PM, Karen C - California wrote:
Ellice K. wrote:
More than welcome - maybe some hockey tourney! Just so long as
the
house
has finally gotten in order......
Ellice
I'll loan you the piece that hangs in my hallway: if you come to
see
me,
come anytime; if you come to see my house, make an appointment
I like that one!
In my dining room, there's a flowery sampler that says: "Thou Shalt
Not Whine"
Anybody else have a pithy philosophical remark displayed
prominently
in your home?
sue
--
Susan Hartman
I also had one when I first moved here that said Thou Shalt Not
Whine,
but it's gone now. It was directed specifically at a friend of
mine,
but she didn't get it so I got rid of it.
I have a little one near my computer that says: I am Woman, I am
Invincible, I am tired. Does that count.
I gave that one to my daughter, mother of three, some years ago.
Probably the best I have in my stitching/all purpose room, is Sue
Hillis
*Wine a bit, you'll feel better". In fact I have te same thing to
get
framed as a gift.
Gillian
A watercolor my son gave me a number of years ago has a picture of a
couch with embroidered pillows, an open book, a piece of knitting, an
in
use embroidery hoop and a cat. On the floor are a cup and saucer, a
trug with flowers, and a bunch of leaves. The caption is "Dull
women have immaculate houses".

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans- Hide quoted text -

I am a long time lurker but I will jump in on this one. When I was
working in an office I had a handpainted scroll type wall hanging with
flowers painted on it. The text said "One day I shall burst my bud of
calm and blossom into hysteria."
And I cross stitched a hanging for a co-worker that said, "If you want
answers, ask the Boss. If you want correct answers ask the Secretary."
She was the VP's secretary.

Years ago, my DH was working for a company around the DC beltway, where
his "customers" from various agencies would come in, with a request, and
want it done today, if not sooner!

I stitched him a sign for his wall, which said "Proper Prior Planning
Prevents ****-Poor Performance.

They were all engineers!

Gillian

Oh, that reminds me of the other one I need: Lack of Planning on Your
Part Does Not Constitute an Emergency On Mine!

That one I had hanging on the wall above my desk when I was working.

Lucille

Old October 19th 10, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
KT in Mich

Used to have a sign over my work area at the office that read:
You can have it Right; or
You can have it Now.
You cannot have it Right Now.

KT. in MI
Old October 19th 10, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

Ellice K. wrote:

[...]

In my shop there is a poster, "Think Small, Big Mistakes Are Too Costly".

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Old October 19th 10, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cyn

Out of lurkdom....

Current WIP..."Some days aren't worth chewing through the restraints!"

Life's a Stitch!!
Cyn

On Oct 18, 2:56*pm, "Joan E." wrote:
On Oct 17, 7:23*pm, Susan Hartman wrote:

Anybody else have a pithy philosophical remark displayed prominently in
your home?

Great topic, Sue!

I have one at work: "I'm too busy to be organized!" and a mug that
dictates, "Please don't straighten out the mess on my desk. *You'll
confuse me and screw up my whole world." *Any guesses as to what my
office area looks like???

The one I have at home hanging in my kitchen says, "Housework makes
you ugly!"

Joan

Old October 19th 10, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

On Oct 18, 2:56*pm, "Joan E." wrote:

On Oct 17, 7:23*pm, Susan Hartman wrote:

Anybody else have a pithy philosophical remark displayed prominently in
your home?

Great topic, Sue!

I have one at work: "I'm too busy to be organized!" and a mug that
dictates, "Please don't straighten out the mess on my desk. *You'll
confuse me and screw up my whole world." *Any guesses as to what my
office area looks like???

The one I have at home hanging in my kitchen says, "Housework makes
you ugly!"

Joan

When my mom was an executive secretary, I stitched: "I thought I was
wrong once but I was mistaken". She hung it in her office and the new
"kids" were never sure whether she was teasing or not. :-))

Liz from Humbug
Old October 19th 10, 12:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2010-10-18, Lynoth wrote:
On Oct 18, 7:30*am, Gillian Murray wrote:

snip

I don't have it yet, but someday there will be a sign: Meddle Not in
the Affaires of Dragons, for Thou Art Crispy and Good With Catsup. I
just haven't found a good dragon to center it on P

I have that on a shirt, and a magnet. I've been meaning to stitch it for
years.
The only saying I have is cross stitched and hanging in my cube "Before you give
someone a peice of your mind, make sure you can get by with what's left."
I should probably put it in the lab where I spend 95% of my day
-Margaret in MA
--
Margaret St. John
Old October 19th 10, 12:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Going to be in the Washington DC area

On 10/18/10 11:28 AM, in article
, "Lynoth"
wrote:

On Oct 18, 7:12*am, "Ellice K." wrote:
On 10/17/10 6:38 PM, in article , "Karen C -

California" wrote:
Ellice K. wrote:

More than welcome - maybe some hockey tourney! *Just so long as the house
has finally gotten in order......

Ellice

I'll loan you the piece that hangs in my hallway: if you come to see me,
come anytime; if you come to see my house, make an appointment

LOL - understood. *However, at the present due to the final throes of repair
by the builder the sunroom is full of the living room stuff, etc, the family
room has some overflow, and the guestroom covered by the sorting through of
what is still going out to charities, leftovers from a gala I ran, and a lot
of hockey ref-wear. *Um, also - as I'm just about done putting the finish on
the unfinished furniture we got for the 2nd guestroom/DH's "room" & a piece
for the family room, there is some additional shuffling of things into the
upstairs open hall/loft. *I don't really worry about states of perfection -
that went a long time ago. *Just the general it's nice for the guests to
have a place to be without fear of attack by heaps of stuff, hockey-gear,
vicious dust-bunnies, etc......

Ellice

ROTFLMAO "vicious dust bunnies" - is THAT what I heard growling last
night? I thought the Mr. had just taken up snoring....

Oh man and how - I'm finding the strangest things in their tummies, floss
orts, bits of hockey tape...

Cheryl

Old October 19th 10, 12:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/18/10 1:30 AM, in article
,

Ellice K. wrote:

[...]

I like that!
And I cross stitched a hanging for a co-worker that said, "If you want
answers, ask the Boss. If you want correct answers ask the Secretary."
She was the VP's secretary.

shops in Washington D.C. area kiki Quilting 5 February 23rd 04 01:23 AM
Anyone go to Ft Washington? Lisa C Quilting 16 September 23rd 03 09:42 PM
Ft Washington Joan8904 Quilting 3 September 21st 03 05:53 PM
back for Washington, mostly OT Lisa Ellis Quilting 0 August 13th 03 12:51 AM
Washington DC landmarks Donna Needlework 3 August 2nd 03 12:32 PM