ON TOPIC - to you what color is

Old October 2nd 10, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

Default ON TOPIC - to you what color is

On Oct 1, 4:03*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 9/30/10 8:04 PM, in article
, "Lynoth"

wrote:
On Sep 30, 8:48*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
The time of dusk/night when fireflies come out to dance

?

I live in CA (no fireflies) so you'll have to give me a better
description. *Is there still any light left in the sky? *What color is
it?

No fireflies, how sad - anything that only comes out to play at night?

Bats, owls, skunks, raccoons and possums, but no fireflies. We don't
get them here in Oregon either. If I had a bucket list, then seeing
fireflies in person would be on it. I've read about them in books,
seen them on TV documentaries and visited back East in months of
August and September, but have never seen them "for real". DH, of
course, being a male, tells of how he and his brothers/friends used to
smear them on their Tshirts when they (the boys) were little so that
their shirts would have little glow-in-the-dark smudges all over them.
Gross, but not surprising. :-))

Liz from Humbug
Old October 3rd 10, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Sep 30, 11:48*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
The time of dusk/night when fireflies come out to dance

?

I paid attention tonight as we were dining al fresco in Leesburg.

It makes a difference which direction you are facing. North and south
are sort of the same. East is very dark. And west is the most
beautiful of all. How about starting with a lighter blue at the bottom
and working up it gets darker?

Donna in Virginia
Old October 3rd 10, 10:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/2/10 11:41 AM, in article
, "Liz from

wrote:
[...]

Liz, that just might be a great on off/off topic thread - personal bucket
lists.

And back in the day, I'd have done that too!

Cheryl

Old October 8th 10, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Oct 2, 10:41 am, Liz from Humbug wrote:

No fireflies, how sad - anything that only comes out to play at night?

I've read about them in books,
seen them on TV documentaries and visited back East in months of
August and September, but have never seen them "for real".

Maybe it was too late. We only see them here in June & early July.

Joan