Stitch pattern instructions needing explanation

Old August 21st 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Default Stitch pattern instructions needing explanation

Hi all,

One of my vintage patterns is giving someone a headache and I can't
wrap my brain around the stitch pattern either. Can any of you wise
knitters assist?

The pattern in question is the purple ladies jersey at:
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/women...l#LadiesJersey

The abbreviation causing problems is: "K. 2 in L." The instructions
for this abbreviation read: "drop next 2 sts. down so that there are 7
loops, then k. 1, p. 1 under these loops.

The occurs in row 7 and 15 of a 16 row pattern.

Row 7 reads: K. 5, *turn, cast on 2, turn, k. 2 in L., turn, cast on
2, turn, k. 2; rep from * till 3 rem., k. 3.

Row 15: K. 1, * turn, cast on 2, turn, k. 2 in L., cast on 2, k. 2;
rep from *, ending cast on 2, k. 2 in L., cast on 2, k. 1.

Can anyone make sense of this?

Many thanks in advance,
VP

Old August 21st 07, 12:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

One of my vintage patterns is giving someone a headache and I can't
wrap my brain around the stitch pattern either. Can any of you wise
knitters assist?

The pattern in question is the purple ladies jersey at:
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/women...l#LadiesJersey

The abbreviation causing problems is: "K. 2 in L." The instructions
for this abbreviation read: "drop next 2 sts. down so that there are 7
loops, then k. 1, p. 1 under these loops.

The occurs in row 7 and 15 of a 16 row pattern.

Row 7 reads: K. 5, *turn, cast on 2, turn, k. 2 in L., turn, cast on
2, turn, k. 2; rep from * till 3 rem., k. 3.

Row 15: K. 1, * turn, cast on 2, turn, k. 2 in L., cast on 2, k. 2;
rep from *, ending cast on 2, k. 2 in L., cast on 2, k. 1.

Can anyone make sense of this?

Good Heavens no - and I've never been stumped yet! I can only suggest that
you throw caution to the winds and experiment.

Very pretty pattern though - and aren't those models skinny? Even the
'Fuller Figure' one - I mean, 38 - 39" bust a fuller figure?

I wish!

If you do work it out will you post it?

Mary

Many thanks in advance,
VP

Old August 21st 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Vintage Purls wrote:
Hi all,

One of my vintage patterns is giving someone a headache and I can't
wrap my brain around the stitch pattern either. Can any of you wise
knitters assist?

I'll take a stab at it...

The pattern in question is the purple ladies jersey at:
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/women...l#LadiesJersey

The abbreviation causing problems is: "K. 2 in L." The instructions
for this abbreviation read: "drop next 2 sts. down so that there are 7
loops, then k. 1, p. 1 under these loops.

Drop the next 2 stitches and unravel them 7 rows. Then insert your
needle into all the loops and k1, p1 in them.

The occurs in row 7 and 15 of a 16 row pattern.

Row 7 reads: K. 5, *turn, cast on 2, turn, k. 2 in L., turn, cast on
2, turn, k. 2; rep from * till 3 rem., k. 3.

Row 15: K. 1, * turn, cast on 2, turn, k. 2 in L., cast on 2, k. 2;
rep from *, ending cast on 2, k. 2 in L., cast on 2, k. 1.

You'll CO 2 sts, then in the next 2 on the needle, drop them, unravel
and knit as above, CO 2 more, k2 and repeat.

Can anyone make sense of this?

At least that's what I figure it is...

sue
Old August 21st 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Stella Fenley

when you get to the K.2 in l ,you make two stitches as knit stitches in the
long loop then you turn,when you make the knitted stitches it help make the
base for the next pattern row.
I am getting ready to work on row 8 in the pattern.

Stella

Old August 22nd 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
CHEX

Suzee has it. This gives an upside down V look at that point. Just be sure
that the stitches you are laddering are the correct ones. They should be
the two stitches directly over the cast on 2 stitches seven rows below.

Old August 22nd 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Thank you all, I knew you'd all be full of great advice!

VP

Old August 22nd 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

To insure that put 2 colored loops both ssides of wanted stitch and
move them every time you get there ,, mirjam