Another moebius finished.

Old April 22nd 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Default Another moebius finished.

It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch was
more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where every even
numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a day to
unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't use this
stitch again!

http://snipurl.com/1hkqs
http://snipurl.com/1hkqu
http://snipurl.com/1hkqv
http://snipurl.com/1hkqx

Old April 22nd 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"Bernadette" skrev i melding

It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch was
more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where every even
numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a day
unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't use this
stitch again!

Bernadette, I have no problem to see why you will use another pattern!

But apart from THAT : This moebius is exquisite!
Congratulations!
AUD ;-)

Old April 22nd 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Bernadette wrote:
It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch was
more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where every even
numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a day
to unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't use
this stitch again!

OMG that is gorgeous and I would not have a clue on how to fix a boo boo.
The pattern would be nice also with a heavier weight yarn for a plain scarf.

Donna

Old April 22nd 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Brenda[_2_]

That is simply gorgeous. I can't imagine ever being good enough to do
something like that.

Brenda

Old April 22nd 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Lovely! I know what you mean about lace patterns that require
concentration on every row - but aren't they worth it for the result?

VP

Old April 23rd 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

YarnWright wrote:

Bernadette spun a FINE 'yarn':

It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch
was more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where
every even numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were
patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a
day to unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't
use this stitch again!

http://snipurl.com/1hkqs
http://snipurl.com/1hkqu
http://snipurl.com/1hkqv
http://snipurl.com/1hkqx

end quoted

Bernadette. . .

BEEEE-EAUUUUU-Ti-Mus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noreen

Thanks Noreen, I lerned a lot from making this one.

Old April 23rd 07, 11:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Aud wrote:

"Bernadette" skrev i melding

It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch
was more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where
every even numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were
patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a
day to unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just
won't use this stitch again!

Bernadette, I have no problem to see why you will use another pattern!

But apart from THAT : This moebius is exquisite!
Congratulations!
AUD ;-)

Thank you Aud.

I have a lot of other lace stitches to play with now. :-) I found a
super site where they'd compiled a stitch index at
http://www.knittingfool.com/index.cfm

I can't guarantee how correct each instruction is but have made up some
test swatches for some of the lace stitches that don't carry a picture
with them.

Old April 23rd 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

DAB wrote:

Bernadette wrote:
It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch
was more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where
every even numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were
patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a day
to unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't use
this stitch again!

OMG that is gorgeous and I would not have a clue on how to fix a boo
boo. The pattern would be nice also with a heavier weight yarn for a
plain scarf.

Donna

Thanks Donna - nor did I have a clue at first :-(

It meant unpicking back about 2 rows until I got to the place where the
stitches were where they were meant to be. It was a pain because being
a fluffy yarn I had to do it stitch by stitch or the mohair fibres
would have become matted.

It would be easier to do on straight needles, I think, so if you want
the stitch instructions I can let you have them. You would have to work
out how many stitches to cast on in a thicker yarn but that'd be easy
for you to do if you made a test swatch.

Old April 23rd 07, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

--

Thank you Brenda.

It isn't too difficult to do, but that stitch was a beast. There are
plenty of others that are easier and would take less concentration.
Next time I think I'll use one of them! ;-)

Old April 23rd 07, 11:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Vintage Purls wrote:

Lovely! I know what you mean about lace patterns that require
concentration on every row - but aren't they worth it for the result?

VP

Thanks VP - and yes, I think it was worth it.

I didn't think that way a couple of times :-(
but soon got over the tantrum once I'd corrected the error.

Another Moebius Bernadette Yarn 6 April 1st 07 07:34 AM
Knitting a moebius. Bernadette Yarn 59 February 26th 07 11:48 PM
The Original Moebius [email protected] Yarn 13 June 30th 06 07:25 AM
Cat Bordhi's Moebius - Anyone else tried this Jenn Yarn 40 January 25th 06 08:51 PM
moebius? Karen in MN Yarn 19 August 24th 04 08:35 PM