A video of my 5 1/2 year old making a lark's knot so I can make a rug..

Old March 16th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

Default A video of my 5 1/2 year old making a lark's knot so I can make a rug..

I uploaded a video we did a while ago here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fTMEpVm_1c

I took crafting loops that you make those pot holders from. We put
them together and made a rug out of it..lol.. It's colorful..

You can also see it on my blog.

http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

I just thought I'd share this with you all.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Old March 16th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Bricore spun a FINE 'yarn':

I uploaded a video we did a while ago here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fTMEpVm_1c

I took crafting loops that you make those pot holders from. We put
them together and made a rug out of it..lol.. It's colorful..

You can also see it on my blog.

http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

I just thought I'd share this with you all.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson
---

end quoted

Dora,
I didn't get a chance to welcome you to the group *personally*, but did
post a *generic* Welcome to all newbies.... so, hope you saw it, and if
not, WELCOME, belatedly!
I can't get the video to open, but I'm sure it's great!
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Old March 16th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

Did you try to open it on my blog? It should open. I'll go check it
out. I am not good with computers but I'll see what I can do..

Thanks for the welcoming me to the group!

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Old March 17th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Bricore spun a FINE 'yarn':

Did you try to open it on my blog? It should open. I'll go check it
out. I am not good with computers but I'll see what I can do..

Thanks for the welcoming me to the group!

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

end quoted

Dora, I tried both places, BUT, it very well could be on my end, I've
had problems with various programs like MediaPlayer, Dell Jukebox,
RealPlayer, QuickTime, etc....
so I'm pretty sure it's just a fluke on MY end
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000724-1, 03/16/2007
Tested: 3/16/2007 9:19:23 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old March 17th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Mar 16, 4:04 pm, "Bricore" wrote:
I uploaded a video we did a while ago herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fTMEpVm_1c

I took crafting loops that you make those pot holders from. We put
them together and made a rug out of it..lol.. It's colorful..

You can also see it on my blog.

http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

Cool rug! I'll bet that was fun.

Higs,
Katherine

Old March 17th 07, 09:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

On 16 Mar, 21:04, "Bricore" wrote:

I just thought I'd share this with you all.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Thanks for sharing that! Your little fellow is mega-cute, btw. :-)

And Welcome! or Välkommen! as we say in Sweden or Howdy y'all! as we
say in South Carolina (my home state).

Erin
http://arkivarie.livejournal.com/

Old March 18th 07, 11:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

Noreen,
I checked out one of your sites. What did you think of the soy-silk
yarns? I have not worked with them yet. I have gotten some Bamboo to
spin but I haven't spun that yet either. It feels every soft (I wish I
would have gotten more but the company only sent a small amount of it.
I will be ordering some more of it once I get some free time to try
it.)

Dora Renee' Wilkerson
http://amishrugsandmore.blogspot.com/
http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

Old March 18th 07, 12:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

Katherine,
Yes, I think my kid's like helping me out. When I do a project I
really TRY to look for something to keep the kid's busy too. Sometimes
it's hard but sometimes you find a job that's just right for them.
Doing those Lark Knots was just right for them. They kept doing them
and doing them and never once said they were done until they had all
of those loops tied together. It's neat to make things together. I
hope they remember it later in life and do things with there kids too.

Dora Renee' WIlkerson
http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

Old March 18th 07, 12:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

On Mar 17, 5:42 am, "Erin" wrote:
On 16 Mar, 21:04, "Bricore" wrote:

I just thought I'd share this with you all.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Thanks for sharing that! Your little fellow is mega-cute, btw. :-)

And Welcome! or Välkommen! as we say in Sweden or Howdy y'all! as we
say in South Carolina (my home state).

Erinhttp://arkivarie.livejournal.com/

Hello Erin!
I think Corey's cute too. It's such a big help to me too. South
Carolina, how's the weather there lately? I love the beaches there
(well I used to when I was younger that is. I haven't been there in
years..lol... Pretty place tho.)

Dora Renee' Wilkerson
http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

Old March 18th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

On 18 Mar, 13:05, "Bricore" wrote:

I think Corey's cute too. It's such a big help to me too. South
Carolina, how's the weather there lately? I love the beaches there
(well I used to when I was younger that is. I haven't been there in
years..lol... Pretty place tho.)

Well, I live in Sweden since 1994, Ulricehamn since 1995 (http://
www.forrestofshadows.com/erin7.htm if you are curious) so I can't say
about SC! A friend who's traveled in the U.S. and I were talking just
the other day about how nice it much be in Charleston now with all the
flowers in bloom. We are having winter's "last gasp" in western Sweden
at the moment. Soggy and sleety and dark. :-(

The vernissage for my May art exhibit is May 5th so I have plenty of
stitching/crocheting/felting to do indoors though! And, just to
confuse folks a bit, I have started *painting* again. No idea why!

Erin

[Ganoksin Video Library] Making Joints with PMC Ganoksin Jewelry 7 June 17th 05 08:23 AM
[Ganoksin Video Library] Making Joints with PMC Ganoksin Polymer Clay 7 June 17th 05 08:23 AM
How to make a globe knot Harry Knots 1 December 31st 04 12:01 AM
Knot for making a net Helmut Dreyer Knots 4 January 10th 04 02:30 PM