TIME LOOP

Old March 11th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default TIME LOOP

Went by my Friend`s wool shop yesterday to bring her an invitation to
the exhibtion i curated. Of course picked up a ball of wool i need to
finnish something . A woman is choosing wools to make fringes , she is
very happy and asks me ;And when did you RESTAT knitting ??? " , I had
to gulp;"i never stopped!" , she laughed straight into my face ;
Eveybody stopped sweety, I am one of the first to have restarted the
Fashion again.....I breathed deeply and smiled but held my could be
answer to myself. Than she noticed my sweater, Pink with cables and
other stripes of patterns going diagonally to the middle..." Nice
sweater , where did you buy it ? " the shop helping lady wanted to say
something , i put a finger on my mouth and signalled to her to say
nothing... :said Thank you , and walked away.
I have decided that i don`t want that kind of stupid remarks any more.
I myself see nice sweaters and Compliment the people just with ; I
like your Sweater !!!!that is enough. I know i am quite a good
knitter, i know i never stopped to knit.crochet , i am realy tired of
explaining that to all those people who Refound it ,, I am Very glad
it is back into fashion, But i don`t understand this need of some of
those people to `assure` themselves that everybody is in the same
boat.
mirjam
Old March 11th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
[...]

nodding in total agreement, Mirjam!
Hugs,
Noreen

Old March 11th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Thank you Noreen , i really have no idea , why i am tired of all those
questions and remarks.
I think it joines other tiredness of people remarks like.. aren`t you
in Pension and the abilty to Do NOTHING ????
Just had a long talk with a Friend who is also a Fiberartist and like
us all has 2 busy hands and mind and heart [ not to mention
housekeeping etc,,,,] She says she lately finds herself drifting away
from friends who don`t understand why she can`t spend more time just
talking with them, or why her hands are working all the time ?

Old March 11th 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mirjam
People without 'skills' seem to always berate those who do.... my husband
sees this in carpentry/cabinetry, etc all the time... he says, and I quote:
"you can be a craftsman all of your life and no one will call you a
craftsman, but screw _____ once, and you're a ____ screwer the rest of your
life.
(screw has replaced the REAL word he used, and the blank is anything....
pig, cow, etc...)
As for people thinking they've just discovered or re-discovered crafting of
any kind, then berating those of us who never stopped... well, I guess in
this case, we can choose to ignore their ignorance, yes?
Noreen

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen"

Old March 11th 06, 09:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
[...]

Mirjam,

I agree completely. Some people you need to ignore. It makes you a
better and stronger person.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

OT - Story: Time Flies Kathy N-V Beads 2 January 18th 05 05:25 PM
FBI SADISM, PERVERSION, MENTAL TORTURE and BLATANT human rights violations vicky Yarn 5 October 12th 04 07:30 AM
OT (sorta): Time to myself but sad... Allaya Diep Yarn 43 May 5th 04 04:08 PM
Panic Attack Time starlia Beads 76 March 14th 04 02:39 AM